Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:00 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times

Advertisements

Driving out of the Villages of Westcreek on Military Dr., about 10 am, we saw about 4 police cruisers, and a number of guys being held by police on the side of the road - it looked as if two of them were handcuffed to the railing of the bridge! Anyone know what happened in our neighborhood today?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 08:11 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Was that rd2007 and his buddies out streaking again?

Old 02-11-2008, 08:37 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,803 times
Inbound or outbound the VOW?

One thing I would like our HOA to do is get the crime stats from Bexar County and include them in our newsletter and at the meetings.

I feel that there are things going on around us that don't make the news but I would still like to be informed about such as property crime and burglaries.

What I really need to do is get to more of the meetings and voice my opinion I guess.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:56 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Inbound or outbound the VOW?

One thing I would like our HOA to do is get the crime stats from Bexar County and include them in our newsletter and at the meetings.

I feel that there are things going on around us that don't make the news but I would still like to be informed about such as property crime and burglaries.

What I really need to do is get to more of the meetings and voice my opinion I guess.
The 'crooks' were sitting on the outbound side, but there were cruisers on both.

I just picked up responsibility from the VWOA to take care of their website - I'd really like to redesign it to address issues like that, but it'll take time! I already mentioned that I'd like to add a crime/stats section to the home page.

From talking with other homeowners in the past week, I've heard nonstop about all the crime that's happening in our neighborhood! I just found out about a burglary that could have turned very bad for a young girl that was home before going to school - they broke in about 0800 or so.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:29 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
...I just picked up responsibility from the VWOA to take care of their website - I'd really like to redesign it to address issues like that, but it'll take time! I already mentioned that I'd like to add a crime/stats section to the home page...
Great! How about adding a link to meeting minutes? The minutes in the bi-monthly newsletters are old (3-4 months behind) and very brief.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:05 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I'd like to have a crime tracker section on the web page. We have had several breakins around me and any fool dumb enough to try it in my house is in for a seriously bad time.. I'm home during the day and will exercise my right to terminate on the spot. I hate criminals!
and no it wasn't me streaking. Nobody wants to see that

Old 02-12-2008, 03:27 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Yea...pitty the poor fool that thinks this house is a good one to shop at as well. Between our dog, or (son) 6'5" Marine awaiting his ship date and the "safety" devices owned here, lets just say he would probably be the lead story on the 10pm news and would be referred to in the past tense!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 04:43 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
and the best part is the police spokesperson would be saying no charges would be filed against the person defending their home

Old 02-12-2008, 06:39 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,025 times
Ok, you have me a little worried. Can you be more specific about what area these break-ins are happening? I am home durning the day with my children. We have a big dog and security but still.....

Old 02-12-2008, 08:13 AM

797 posts, read 2,992,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I just found out about a burglary that could have turned very bad for a young girl that was home before going to school - they broke in about 0800 or so.
This happened very near us and has got me worried as well. Daylight break ins are very dangerous and I think are more likely done by someone who either knows the homeowner or has taken some time to "case" the property. Knowing about the crime going on is one thing, but doing something to prevent it is even more important. Any ideas?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio