Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:48 PM

6 posts, read 8,513 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a birthday party at Metro Houston Street. Has anybody been there recently? We just want to find someplace with good dance music and a decent crowd...don't mind if it gets too crowded, the more the merrier!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 05:25 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,120 times
It depends on the night of week?

Old 08-24-2009, 05:32 PM

I want to go this Friday. Our group likes to dance in a fun, crowded, yet sophisticated environment!What do you think? I heard of Rive and Zen, but I'm not sure. In addition, Metro is offering great promotions for fridays and birthday parties. I was wondering if it's because it's lame and trying to gather business?!?

Old 08-24-2009, 06:03 PM

616 posts, read 2,083,456 times
Zen closed - have you looked into Suede?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:39 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,100,002 times
metro is my spot basically and i've been there numerous times, so i'm probably the most with expertise about the place, ha. anyway, yeah friday are their slower nights which is why they offer their free champagne bottle or w/e it is. the crowd isnt that great on friday, but i dont think DT in general is . if you do metro, definitely have it on saturday. some saturdays are better than other's but overall, it's a great place for fun, music and boom chika boom boom dancing with much of the club feel you're looking for.

zen i think is next to metro but the club feel exists more at metro. rive is more ghetto, and i'd probably pass for the b-day (although it's not a bad club). there's another place i've been meaning to check out called Kremlin. The place is near Metro (on college st) and has an upper class- Las Vegas style theme to it. when i passed by on my way to metro you could hear lots of upbeat dance/techno with lights escaping their club. Google that and check that out too. Those are my top 2 choices. there's another one called Encore a few blocks away, and of course the Bonham if you're down with that crowd. Good luck.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:02 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,969,548 times
Dulce, Swig North, or Luz.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:22 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,100,002 times
^^^

if we venture outside downtown, there will be so many to list. better than dolce, or swig N even.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:52 PM

I have checked out Dolce and Swig...didn't really dig the vibe... a bit too pretentious. I had a friend go to Suede and ended up going to Bonham Exchange! I've been to Klusoz up north and it was great. I'd like to find something similar...don't want to go there every weekend!
Actually,I'd rather NOT go downtown! I just thought that if I don't like the place, there'll be so many more places to choose from. I would totally prefer the north side..it's much closer to me!

Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,969,548 times
Mink is pretty good also. Atleast it was on a Thursday night when I went. $100 bottles.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:48 PM

Well, I know that it'll definitely be Friday night, which is unfortunate because I'm sure most places will be slow that night. I'm torn between Metro, Luz, and Mink.
I have a feeling that Mink has some Latin flavor (althogh many places in SA do) and unfortunately neither me nor my friends have much appreciation for the music(please, no offence!). We'd prefer top 40's. In addition, it seems to be all about Thursday night! All it has in it's website are the DJ's for that night. It doesn't mention who spins on Fri. Sat.
It's soooo hard moving to a new city and trying to find a few good places that "go with your groove".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio