Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:37 PM

69 posts, read 301,649 times

Advertisements

I got home last night and found a note on my door. The note was from my apartment complex. It stated that there is a peeping tom in my apartment complex that has been harrassing some residents and their guests !!!! I am so glad my lease is over in May.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 06:47 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
you poor thing! That is creepy. Be careful, obviously, but I am sure it's going to be hard to get thru till May. What is up with these sick jerks?

Old 04-25-2007, 06:48 PM

470 posts, read 1,953,038 times
Another reason why San Antonio is such a bad place to live.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,126,156 times
Like SA has a corner on the creepy/pervert factor. Not so much.

BJR - take care (as I'm sure you will) and hope everything is ok with you til your move.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:46 PM

69 posts, read 273,990 times
Default peeping tom!

Don't just leave us hangin here! You don't have to tell me what apartment complex you live in if you don't want to but can you give us a general area so if I know if I need to be on the lookout for a peeping tom!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:01 AM

2 posts, read 8,379 times
Which complex/side of town are you in? When we lived on the North Central side (Wood Hollow Apartments), there was a peeper that liked to hang out around our building and pretend to be smoking when people walked by, but I could always tell when he was lingering near one of the windows. they were all so badly sealed that you could smell cigarette breath when he was nearby.

I <3 my second story apartment.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:23 PM

I live @ Artisan on the Bluff near Babcock & Dezavala. And I live on the First floor so I've put blankets over my windows since I never put up curtains. Now I'll be sure to ask for a second story apartment @ my new complex. It's scary since I'm alone with my two kids most of the day.

A man came to my door yesterday and I just ignored the door bell. I told my husband that it seems odd since no one ever visits us. And I do mean ever!! My mother has a key and so does he so no one ever really needs to ring the door bell.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:07 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,458,823 times
Oh PLEASE be careful!!! Unfortunately, there are sooooo many folks that are trusting because they are good, honest folks and want to think the best of others as well. Have they told you that they have additional security given the fact they are aware of this issue???

I am beginning to believe that pepper spray or mace is not such a bad thing afterall......

Old 04-27-2007, 10:20 AM

634 posts, read 2,923,099 times
Scary Stuff!!!! Make sure you lock your doors at all times, even in the day. Don't let your kids out on themselves, only when you supervise them. Be aware of your surroundings!!!

I pray that you and your family will be safe.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:37 PM

Thank you to all for your concern. I have my door locked 24/7 and always walk out with my cell phone in hand and with 911 on the dial just ready to hit send. I think you can never be TOO cautious.

Paka,,,

They suggested that we make sure all locks and latches were properly working and if not they would replace them. Also they offered to Rekey our apartments if we felt we needed it. However this is supposed to be a gated community and the gates have been broken, and left open, for 10 months out of the 11 that I've lived here. They just recently repaired the main gate but there is one other that remains open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio