Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:10 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
If you called the Police, they have a record of your call, and if a Police officer showed up, there is also a record of that. Maybe not a report, but a record of the call and the fact that the other driver left with out incident. You need to contact the Police Dept, probably the NW substation, get dispatch to give you a copy of the call that you made in to report the accident, and that will cover your a$$. The other driver will then be the Hit and run. You also have 24 hrs to report an accident if no one is hurt and you exchange information, the lady leaving and claiming you left is going to be her word against yours, she is trying to cover the fact she came onto the freeway illegally with a false Police Report. That report will be available in a few days and I would also file with your insurance company and ask them to do so, giving them rights for subrogation. You may also go to the two banks there, Wachovia and IBC, their cameras may have picked up the accident and you stopping. You never know, your rig is very noticeable on a camera, and it can be seen stopping, even at that distance. You get just a little glimpse of you stopping, and then her leaving, you win, and she gets in trouble for false Police Report.
Well the lady is uninsured, so that is going to cap this mess. I had that lady call the police station, so they have her information just in case. And I also have a witness that pulled over next to me at the scene. I should be covered. And there was no report filled. The person who called me was an insurance agent, trying to ask me to pay for her damages, but when I flipped the tortilla on him, he said she was uninsured LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
And tell that dork when you go to court that going back to your truck for a cell phone is not fleeing the scene nor a hit and run. Just remember the time you called the police. Even though there was no case number they still should have a record of your call. The call should be recorded in your phone (time & date).
she is really ancient! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
In San Antonio it is: SAPD has no regard for the people who PAY their salary and have been cited numerous times for blatant discriminatory and just plain idiotic behavior.

As for SA as a driver's town: Get under/uninsured motorists coverage on your auto policy and never let it lapse. There are an INSANE amount of people here who drive illegally. Also, ask yourself that if they're driving around without insurance, do you think they can afford the judgment against them in court when they lose their case? Nope.

BN

Yeah well I was kinda ticked, but I had to change those tires that I ran her over with anyway. and the rim cost me 35 dollars, and no suspension part broke so I guess I'm just going to keep a record. There might be no need to take her to court if shes to cheap to pay insurance, I doubt she'll even show up.

If any of you ever see a red mazda 626 with her left front end missing, that her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 02:03 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,195,504 times
Quote:
There are an INSANE amount of people here who drive illegally. Also, ask yourself that if they're driving around without insurance, do you think they can afford the judgment against them in court when they lose their case? Nope.

BN
Yep, let the law-abiding citizens buy the insurance for them !!! And did you notice that nothing really bad happens to them whereas you try that and just see what happens....

Old 08-30-2009, 04:36 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
... If any of you ever see a red mazda 626 with her left front end missing, that her
That describes quite-a-many cars on the roads of San Antonio: Does this give me permission to ram any old lady in a red 626? I can handle that.

'But officer, I'm allowed to run people off the road... I'm on City Data!'

BN

Old 09-01-2009, 01:24 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
That describes quite-a-many cars on the roads of San Antonio: Does this give me permission to ram any old lady in a red 626? I can handle that.

'But officer, I'm allowed to run people off the road... I'm on City Data!'

BN
Depending on your mood....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio