Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:42 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times

Advertisements

Anonymous woman, my sincerest thank you to you! I'm glad to hear that there is still people here in this city with a vast amount of common sense.

Now to get to my story yesterday I ran over a car on Military and 410, The driver apparently was very old and assumed I was going to stop so he/she could get onto 410, Even though it was a complete disregard of the "mergee" how in the hell does some one attempt to cut a trailer (not the tractor) off, when merging onto a freeway? Thats just something I just dont get well I completely destroyed the car's front end. My first reaction was anger because of the driver's stupidity, but I had to stick to my credo and went to check up on the driver. Good news no one hurt, but I was getting my rear end chewed out even though it wasnt my fault LOL.

I ran back to my truck to get my cell so I could call the cops, and the driver shockingly fled! And the Police made no case of it, So Friday morning comes along, and I get a call around 10am about a hit and run, that I hit and then fled. I almost wet my pants with the boiling anger, that dang dinosaur wanted to pull a fast one. So I called my Insurance Agent to tell him my story and se if he could digg something up. and to my relif after going through many ulcers , at around 4pm he calls me back and says " A lady called SAPD Thursday, reporting that hit and run with the driver's license plate number, Make Model of the car and all that good stuff!

So I went down to the Substation to get the fleeing drivers Information, and I also wanted to get the caller's information, but to no avail, so here's me hoping She is a CD'er

as for the fleeing driver that old sagging dust bag is going to have a date with me at court!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 09:48 PM

778 posts, read 2,502,481 times
There are still some good folks out there... and lots of bad drivers.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:16 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
There are still some good folks out there... and lots of bad drivers.

true true, I dont remember seeing some one else there at that time of day, the road was pretty empty.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:14 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
your guardian angel...???

Old 08-29-2009, 03:37 PM

779 posts, read 1,660,058 times
oooh, I have to chime in on this one. Few weeks ago I was approaching an intersection with a yellow light, so I proceeded to go through. low and behold, the idiot at the red light decided to run the red. I slammed on my brakes, swerved, BARELY missed him! I proceeded through the now "red light" and to my shock, a cop pulled up behind me and turned on his lights. His first words were "did you not see the light?"

I was stunned. He honestly thought I ran the red light.

Luckily there was a kind individual who was lost and trying to find his way around. He witnessed the whole thing and pulled over when he saw that the cop got me. Now what urks me is that the cop came back to me and said "he just saved your a$$". Honestly, is this how our police are taught to speak to civilians?

Anyways, long story short, if it weren't for a kind gentlemen going out of his way to help me, i'd have been wrongfully ticketed for running a red light. Being that i'm 27 and drive a sports car.....i'd have lost in court hands down.

so yes there are a few good people out there, and rest assured if I witness anything, I will be sure to lend a helping hand.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:47 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,408,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismospec View Post
Now what urks me is that the cop came back to me and said "he just saved your a$$". Honestly, is this how our police are taught to speak to civilians?

Being that i'm 27 and drive a sports car.....i'd have lost in court hands down.
Gee, another SAPD officer with a chip on his shoulder and jealous of another has treated a citizen poorly. A true surprise.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:11 PM

779 posts, read 1,660,058 times
just to add to the story, this wasn't like this happened at 2am.....this happened at 5:30. I had just left the office parking lot and was dressed it casual business attire. I was pulled over less than 1 block away from work. I guess that means I was looking for trouble??

Old 08-29-2009, 07:20 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Anonymous woman, my sincerest thank you to you! I'm glad to hear that there is still people here in this city with a vast amount of common sense.

Now to get to my story yesterday I ran over a car on Military and 410, The driver apparently was very old and assumed I was going to stop so he/she could get onto 410, Even though it was a complete disregard of the "mergee" how in the hell does some one attempt to cut a trailer (not the tractor) off, when merging onto a freeway? Thats just something I just dont get well I completely destroyed the car's front end. My first reaction was anger because of the driver's stupidity, but I had to stick to my credo and went to check up on the driver. Good news no one hurt, but I was getting my rear end chewed out even though it wasnt my fault LOL.

I ran back to my truck to get my cell so I could call the cops, and the driver shockingly fled! And the Police made no case of it, So Friday morning comes along, and I get a call around 10am about a hit and run, that I hit and then fled. I almost wet my pants with the boiling anger, that dang dinosaur wanted to pull a fast one. So I called my Insurance Agent to tell him my story and se if he could digg something up. and to my relif after going through many ulcers , at around 4pm he calls me back and says " A lady called SAPD Thursday, reporting that hit and run with the driver's license plate number, Make Model of the car and all that good stuff!

So I went down to the Substation to get the fleeing drivers Information, and I also wanted to get the caller's information, but to no avail, so here's me hoping She is a CD'er

as for the fleeing driver that old sagging dust bag is going to have a date with me at court!
If you called the Police, they have a record of your call, and if a Police officer showed up, there is also a record of that. Maybe not a report, but a record of the call and the fact that the other driver left with out incident. You need to contact the Police Dept, probably the NW substation, get dispatch to give you a copy of the call that you made in to report the accident, and that will cover your a$$. The other driver will then be the Hit and run. You also have 24 hrs to report an accident if no one is hurt and you exchange information, the lady leaving and claiming you left is going to be her word against yours, she is trying to cover the fact she came onto the freeway illegally with a false Police Report. That report will be available in a few days and I would also file with your insurance company and ask them to do so, giving them rights for subrogation. You may also go to the two banks there, Wachovia and IBC, their cameras may have picked up the accident and you stopping. You never know, your rig is very noticeable on a camera, and it can be seen stopping, even at that distance. You get just a little glimpse of you stopping, and then her leaving, you win, and she gets in trouble for false Police Report.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:11 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post

And tell that dork when you go to court that going back to your truck for a cell phone is not fleeing the scene nor a hit and run. Just remember the time you called the police. Even though there was no case number they still should have a record of your call. The call should be recorded in your phone (time & date).

Old 08-30-2009, 07:58 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismospec View Post
... cop came back to me and said "he just saved your a$$". Honestly, is this how our police are taught to speak to civilians
In San Antonio it is: SAPD has no regard for the people who PAY their salary and have been cited numerous times for blatant discriminatory and just plain idiotic behavior.

As for SA as a driver's town: Get under/uninsured motorists coverage on your auto policy and never let it lapse. There are an INSANE amount of people here who drive illegally. Also, ask yourself that if they're driving around without insurance, do you think they can afford the judgment against them in court when they lose their case? Nope.

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio