Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 07:35 AM

311 posts, read 846,082 times

Advertisements

Just want to start this week off with a THANK YOU - POSITIVE post to those of you who have been so helpful since I joined CD. I joined while still in NJ & we were looking to move down to SA upon my husbands retirement from the USN.

Thanks to CD members we live in a neighborhood we really like in the NW part of town (Silver Creek). Would not have found this particular area without the help of Sapphire & Silvercreek78250! Would have never found this particular home without the help of KevCrawford! Thanks to you all & to the rest of you who gave me insight into the many different areas of SA.
We are very happy with the schools, our neighbors & that we are SO close to many things!

Sure we have some traffic over here (not terrible) but the schools are not capped, we have a yard full of established trees, other kiddos for our kids to play with - yet, the street is pretty peaceful

We've found dr's, dentists, places to eat, things to do with the kiddos etc..... all thanks to the many HELPFUL and kind posters here on CD! We moved here totally "blind" and I've come here many times looking for assistance finding things & have never been let down!

Thank you all & I am now trying to share what I've learned about SA with other "newbies" so they can feel the CD love too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 07:44 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Glad things are working out. As always, you can ask away here on City Data.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:45 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Cool, glad you got some help out of some of the members here. Good to hear kev was able to help you.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:50 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Ditto, and congrats on getting out of Jersey!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:31 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Welcome to the neighborhood! I drove by your house, like a stalker, and it's PRETTY!! I love it.....I worked about 70 hours last week, and I don't know yet how this week is going to go, but I WILL get by there when you're there, one of these days! Did you bring anyone back from CA with you?

Oh, and I bet your block needs a block captain! Just in time for NNO! If you weren't so far up we could join forces. You even get a handsome GNW Watch shirt....and COOKIES at the meetings. Not to mention Silvercreek promises to never take pictures of you (doing silly things) that might otherwise end up in his blog, if you come to the meetings.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:20 PM

311 posts, read 846,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Welcome to the neighborhood! I drove by your house, like a stalker, and it's PRETTY!! I love it.....I worked about 70 hours last week, and I don't know yet how this week is going to go, but I WILL get by there when you're there, one of these days! Did you bring anyone back from CA with you?

Oh, and I bet your block needs a block captain! Just in time for NNO! If you weren't so far up we could join forces. You even get a handsome GNW Watch shirt....and COOKIES at the meetings. Not to mention Silvercreek promises to never take pictures of you (doing silly things) that might otherwise end up in his blog, if you come to the meetings.
Hey lady! You can stalk me - it's okay Thanks for the compliment on the house. We've been working on the front yard bit by bit as it was neglected for about a year so it's needing lots of TLC & we still have lots of boxes...we'll settle in eventually. It's a challenge with a 20 mo. old trying to "help" - lol!

Nope, no extra kiddo just yet. They are giving it one more try but the door is open.

COOKIES?! I LOVE cookies!!! ;-) I did email SC & let him know I'm willing to help & sure hope to be able to get to the next meeting. I'll find out more about NNO...I want me a GNW t-shirt! lol

See you soon - I hope!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:24 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Yes, I changed my work schedule so I should have Weds. evenings free to go to the end-of-month meeting. You really find out what little "incidents" are happening in the 'hoods. Plus, like I mentioned, there are TONS O' COOKIES.

See you then, if not before!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio