Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2018, 11:48 PM

265 posts, read 534,246 times

Advertisements

OMG.

Good news/bad news.... for the first time, in what seems like 25+ years

At least from my vantage point, my observation of the daily 12:35am airing on KSAT12 is that
with the new year, Americus Diamond has *finally* updated their sleep-inducing commercial with tantalizing new HD/4K video of their products. Static pictures of their facilities are updated and are crisp.

The bad news... the script is has dreadfully remained unchanged... deadpan-boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 10:31 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John911 View Post
Americus Diamond has *finally* updated their sleep-inducing commercial with tantalizing new HD/4K video of their products. Static pictures of their facilities are updated and are crisp.

The bad news... the script is has dreadfully remained unchanged... deadpan-boring.
They've got some serious new competition in the market.

https://diamondsdirect.com/sanantonio

Wouldn't be a good time to look old and stodgy.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:37 PM

77 posts, read 162,581 times
I've always wondered if every time that Ara Celi chick sees that Becky chick from world car, if she just yells out the female dog word.

Seriously, its like that world car girl spent hours studying how Ara Celi moves while she talks. While she is semi hot, she is seriously annoying.

Don't even get me started on Chris Duel. That dude is just downright hard to watch or listen to. As soon as I see him on TV or hear him on the radio, the channel is changed immediately. I know this guy has been around for a long while, but I have no idea how. He doesn't have a face for TV, he doesn't have a voice for radio, and he is so ridiculously cheesy.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:51 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,500,449 times
Thanks for the laugh, and the update in this thread.

And it's "Becky with a q" (Bequi), if you please. LOL

Old 01-22-2018, 12:05 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runback22 View Post

Don't even get me started on Chris Duel. That dude is just downright hard to watch or listen to. As soon as I see him on TV or hear him on the radio, the channel is changed immediately. I know this guy has been around for a long while, but I have no idea how. He doesn't have a face for TV, he doesn't have a voice for radio, and he is so ridiculously cheesy.
You forgot that he'll work for free\almost free as evidenced by the latest Ancira promos. Lol

Old 02-12-2018, 08:00 PM

948 posts, read 1,841,623 times
The dahill commercial with that guy dancing around the office. Sick of that one. On the radio. Kitchen designs by ja-vaaany. The way he says it is annoying along with “the Window guy”.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:04 PM

814 posts, read 675,479 times
Worse than the ads are the new "graphics" on Kens5 news/weathercasts. Complete with little star trek space ship sounds when they flash on.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:04 PM

14 posts, read 35,770 times
Default Q Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by runback22 View Post
I've always wondered if every time that Ara Celi chick sees that Becky chick from world car, if she just yells out the female dog word.

Seriously, its like that world car girl spent hours studying how Ara Celi moves while she talks. While she is semi hot, she is seriously annoying.

I think she is hot. I think BEQUI is an upgrade from Ara Celi.. Ara Celi is the most annoying out of all the commercials and why does she tell so much.. that female dog needs a muzzle. Woof woof

Old 05-17-2018, 07:50 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,500,449 times
Noticed today (pet sitting so watching TV) that the World Car (?) commercials show random people with random sayings about buying their car, then Jeff's voice-over finishes up the commercial. Has the team of Bequi and Jeff finally gotten so many negative comments that they ad agency has changed their advertisements

Old 05-19-2018, 09:05 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoCpl View Post
I'm not sure if they're on TV or not, but on radio, Billy Bobs Beds.
Yup, it's still on the radio in 2018. Billy Bobs Beds has the most annoying commercial on KKYX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio