Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 10:46 AM

715 posts, read 1,356,330 times

Advertisements

Been noticing this now for months. I know it had for years been vacant until this past spring or something. Lots of cars are always there when I pass by coming from work at 5:30 or so. There's never been a sign up or a coming soon sign back in the day or anything. I was always predicting that an HEB Plus would of gone in there eventually but I guess that didn't happen obviously. Just wondering if anyone knew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 10:56 AM

944 posts, read 2,040,656 times
I'm not sure about this at all, but a business that used to share the building with the business I work for moved all their employees (several hundred people at least) to another location, and I heard that new location was an old K-mart. If this happens to be what you're seeing, it wouldn't be anything that consumers would be interested in.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
I'm not sure about this at all, but a business that used to share the building with the business I work for moved all their employees (several hundred people at least) to another location, and I heard that new location was an old K-mart. If this happens to be what you're seeing, it wouldn't be anything that consumers would be interested in.
you got me curious now. so this is some undercover type of thing or what?

Old 09-02-2009, 11:15 AM

Definitely not, the name of the company was Maximus though. Unfortuantely if it is them there it's just not too interesting for the average person driving by that old K-mart, especially if they were hoping for a new place to shop at.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Definitely not, the name of the company was Maximus though. Unfortuantely if it is them there it's just not too interesting for the average person driving by that old K-mart, especially if they were hoping for a new place to shop at.

interesting. so it's kinda like a wal-mart type of store or K-mart with clothes and stuff or like a grocery store? That's wierd how there's no signs up indentifying the business or anything. I just see tons of cars there during the afternoon and early evening. Mmmm........

Old 09-02-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
interesting. so it's kinda like a wal-mart type of store or K-mart with clothes and stuff or like a grocery store? That's wierd how there's no signs up indentifying the business or anything. I just see tons of cars there during the afternoon and early evening. Mmmm........
If they are there (keep in mind this is speculation, I'm not sure at all that this activity is attributable to the group I'm mentioning), then I'm sure the inside of the old K-mart no longer looks anything like a clothes or grocery store.

Also, there's plenty of business all over the place that don't have easily viewable (or any) signs. If you don't interface with the public face to face, you don't need to advertise your presence.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:25 AM

179 posts, read 468,638 times
I thought it was a call center of some sort. Like a West telemarketing or something similar.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,101,062 times
Quote:
I've heard of Maximus. Do you know if what they're doing at the old K-Mart is similar to the function of the business occupying the old Albertson's store on Wurzbach, just east of I-10?

Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 AM

99 posts, read 345,917 times
It is the call center for the TX Department of Health and Human Services. DH used to work there doing security.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,101,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofjess View Post
It is the call center for the TX Department of Health and Human Services. DH used to work there doing security.
Thanks. That is different than what's happening on Wurzbach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio