Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluffsatlookoutcanyon View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been addressed in an earlier thread, but when is this nightmare of an intersection going to be finally finished? What is the hold up? I'm just so tired of sitting on Blanco Rd. in traffic trying to cross Huebner Rd.
I searched my email updates from District 9 Councilwoman Elisa Chan, which usually have the answers to questions like that. She hasn't discussed that intersection in over 3 months. Here's what she sent out about it on July 26.

Quote:
Blanco Road Construction Update
Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and Bexar County construction officials have announced that the Blanco Road Expansion Project has reached 90% completion. The northern end of the roadway has been completed and is open to traffic. The final work on the project is the construction activities taking place from just north of Folanari and to the south. Specifically:

• BexarMet water and CPS gasoline work on the east side of the road by the Pinnacle Subdivision.
  • After the above-referenced utility work, there will be a large modular block retaining wall constructed on that exposed rock cut north of Folanari.
  • Bridge work is ongoing at the Panther Springs Creek crossing just north of the Greystone Subdivision. This is a pretty big undertaking since the entire structure is cast in place versus use of pre-cast bridge beams, and crews are still some weeks away from being complete in that area.
  • Final widening is essentially complete at the Huebner/Blanco intersection, and the median on Huebner Road east of Blanco has been modified to allow a double left turn lane for traffic traveling south on Blanco (crews will not open the roadway to that extra turn lane until project completion because of logistics of our construction and temporary traffic signals).
  • Roadway widening work and final storm drainage construction continues south of the intersection with Huebner.
  • Crews will be making some median revisions on various portions of the project with TxDOT approval to better facilitate traffic movements into and out of various business and neighborhoods also.
The Blanco Road Expansion Project is scheduled to be completed in Fall 2010.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 06:07 PM

487 posts, read 1,118,001 times
We were told at a SO meeting 6 weeks ago that the project was 95% complete. ??? The last 5% sure is taking a long time!

Old 10-10-2010, 12:41 AM

923 posts, read 1,502,715 times
Hi folks, the latest news is that the Blanco Road expansion is possibly going to be finished in 2011!!! I am so excited about this! It means that around the time my boys are graduating from high school, I may actually be able to drive down Blanco Road at a speed exceeding 10 mph! Thank God for our elected officials, for getting this taken care of so quickly! After all, even though us North siders pay most of the taxes in San Antonio, that doesn't mean that we should expect any services (and certainly not in a timely manner). Gotta go, I'm off to a gathering of like-minded individuals, to discuss ways to increase social awareness in our community. Peace out!

Old 10-10-2010, 06:55 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
Hi folks, the latest news is that the Blanco Road expansion is possibly going to be finished in 2011!!! I am so excited about this! It means that around the time my boys are graduating from high school, I may actually be able to drive down Blanco Road at a speed exceeding 10 mph! Thank God for our elected officials, for getting this taken care of so quickly! After all, even though us North siders pay most of the taxes in San Antonio, that doesn't mean that we should expect any services (and certainly not in a timely manner). Gotta go, I'm off to a gathering of like-minded individuals, to discuss ways to increase social awareness in our community. Peace out!

Hahahaha, this made me laugh. "Like-minded individuals" at 1:41 AM? Hope you had a good time with the 19 minutes left of clubbing.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:02 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Yes, they striped the NB lanes of Blanco from where it (currently) narrows all the way to Huebner about 3 weeks ago. Revoved the concrete barriers. All that seems is left is to pick up the barrels. What I don't understand is why Huebner (WB @ Blanco) has 4 traffic lights ready to be activated, but they striped it to three lanes still.

The whole thing looks like one crew thought they were ready to finish, and another did not???

Old 10-15-2010, 04:00 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,178,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Yes, they striped the NB lanes of Blanco from where it (currently) narrows all the way to Huebner about 3 weeks ago. Revoved the concrete barriers. All that seems is left is to pick up the barrels. What I don't understand is why Huebner (WB @ Blanco) has 4 traffic lights ready to be activated, but they striped it to three lanes still.

The whole thing looks like one crew thought they were ready to finish, and another did not???
I think this might still be the lingering effects of the karst discovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio