Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 04:33 PM

299 posts, read 608,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
"On a warm, sunny day windows collect light, trapping heat inside the vehicle, and pushing the temperature inside to dangerous levels. On an 85-degree day, for example, the temperature inside a car with the windows opened slightly can reach 102 degrees within 10 minutes. After 30 minutes, the temperature will reach 120 degrees. At 110 degrees, pets are in danger of heatstroke. On hot and humid days, the temperature in a car parked in direct sunlight can rise more than 30 degrees per minute, and quickly become lethal."

Pets and heat safety - 6/06/08 - Flint News and Saginaw News - abc12.com (http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=weather/doppler&id=6189279 - broken link)

So has anybody called the number on the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
I did a google search and had no luck finding the people, it is in kerville from phone record searches.

I would have never thought of taking a picture and posting it, but Kudos for doing that!

City-Data has a lot of posters and lurkers... I still would like to see this one on the news.

Again Kudos for the smart thinking, and the courage to get involved.
I called the number while I was there, and my wife went back in the store and asked the people up front if they knew who's car it was. No answer and no one knew.Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by Bo; 09-13-2009 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Edited to Remove Consumer Complaint
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 04:34 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,138,230 times
That's not a dog.............it's a baby chuppacabra!!!

LoL!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 04:42 PM

77 posts, read 221,485 times
Apparently it's a cell phone registered in Kerrville. You can do a reverse lookup for a cell phone, but the websites that do such searches cost money.

I found a pet taxi company in New Braunfels (still the 830 area code) that uses the same "Pet Sitting, Dog Walking, Pet Taxi" phrase, but they have a different phone number in the contact info of their website (still an 830 area code number), so I won't give the name now. Still searching though.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc hokie View Post
Apparently it's a cell phone registered in Kerrville. You can do a reverse lookup for a cell phone, but the websites that do such searches cost money.

I found a pet taxi company in New Braunfels (still the 830 area code) that uses the same "Pet Sitting, Dog Walking, Pet Taxi" phrase, but they have a different phone number in the contact info of their website (still an 830 area code number), so I won't give the name now. Still searching though.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:19 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
I just called and a woman answered on vm and said "hello, leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can..." No business name.

I understand y'all being upset. I just don't know how anyone knows if this is HER pet or someone else's. Yeah, I know it really doesn't matter, but you can't just assume it's not hers. Also, silvercreek78250 blogged about seeing this once on one of his vacations......his wife was upset at seeing dogs locked up in a van, but when they got closer they saw a sign on the vehicle stating that no one should worry about the pets inside the van...the vehicle's a/c was running and the dogs were fine. I am not sure if there was a way to tell if the a/c was running, but they were satisfied and put away their baseball bats (the ones they were going to club the dog owners with) (j/k I am sure they weren't going to use violence to confront these people). I'm just saying, you can't tell from this picture what exactly the dog's situation was. And how do we know it's not merc11ty's neighbor or ex-wife he's pissed off at? Just sayin'.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I just called and a woman answered on vm and said "hello, leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can..." No business name.

I understand y'all being upset. I just don't know how anyone knows if this is HER pet or someone else's. Yeah, I know it really doesn't matter, but you can't just assume it's not hers. Also, silvercreek78250 blogged about seeing this once on one of his vacations......his wife was upset at seeing dogs locked up in a van, but when they got closer they saw a sign on the vehicle stating that no one should worry about the pets inside the van...the vehicle's a/c was running and the dogs were fine. I am not sure if there was a way to tell if the a/c was running, but they were satisfied and put away their baseball bats (the ones they were going to club the dog owners with) (j/k I am sure they weren't going to use violence to confront these people). I'm just saying, you can't tell from this picture what exactly the dog's situation was. And how do we know it's not merc11ty's neighbor or ex-wife he's pissed off at? Just sayin'.
You're right, it doesn't matter whether it was their pet or someone else's. If it was their pet, how do you think they would treat yours? I posted numerous times that the A/C was NOT running. How would I know? Because the freaking car was not running! I guess next time I'll be sure to record a video too so there isn't a doubt as to what the situation is

Old 09-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Simmer down, big guy.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:27 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
I call the Police when I see Pets are left in hot cars, the local Police are pretty quick about it.
This NOT a good way for her to advertise her business.
I would do the same for Children.
Glad you took the pics.

Last edited by Summerz; 09-12-2009 at 05:36 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 05:30 PM

Someone should leave a message for her so she can register on here and give her side of the story.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:31 PM

434 posts, read 1,123,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
I did a google search and had no luck finding the people, it is in kerville from phone record searches.

I would have never thought of taking a picture and posting it, but Kudos for doing that!

City-Data has a lot of posters and lurkers... I still would like to see this one on the news.

Again Kudos for the smart thinking, and the courage to get involved.
Ditto Ditto Ditto!

I started keeping my camera in my car as you never know when you might need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio