Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:31 PM

275 posts, read 978,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned

@Mom2Feebs.. San Antonio drivers are normally atrocious, but they are unbelievable when it's raining. You were probably driving at the worst time possible as this recent rain event was our biggest in a year.
Really?

When i drive in SAN ANTONIO i feel completely comfortable of how good the people drive there. Well, comparing with the drivers of Mexico City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 02:59 PM

968 posts, read 2,624,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
I drove to Houston this past Saturday. It's a speedway over there. SA drivers might be annoying in our own little ways...but we don't drive at WARP SPEED and risk dying a fiery, multi-car crash pile-up death!
you know, you're right, i've never seen a multi car wreck in san antonio (maybe i dont' look hard enough) but i've visited houston a lot, and twice i've seen 4 or more cars on the side of the road with matching bumper scrapes.

they even have signs that say "steer it, clear it" and show a car rear ending another car!

Old 08-09-2010, 05:38 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
In response to adriver, I made a few typos. Sorry that offended you so much; it's too late for me to edit that post. And I just said that distracted drivers are one of my pet peeves, so why are you assuming I'm driving under the speed limit putting on makeup or talking on the phone? I never drive below the speed limit. As a person with a CDL, I do not qualify for defensive driving or probation; I just get a ticket. If I'm doing 5 above in the middle or RIGHT lane, then there should be no one tailgating me; GO AROUND. I was hit by a person on a cell phone who was going so fast, he didn't have time to stop. My injured back and the inconvenience of having a wrecked car is why I'm concerned about aggressive drivers. One of my coworkers totaled his car because he was (guess what) tailgating someone.

P.S. Cops often ignore people going under 10 mph over the speed limit, especially under 5 mph over the speed limit because those tickets are more likely to get dismissed. SAPD is more concerned with catching aggressive drivers right now anyway.
I never assumed that you were doing those things, at least not you specifically. I think I got offended reading this, and someone having the nerve to say that san antonio drivers are worse than houston. Every time Ive been to houston, I could be in a sports car doing 90mph in the left lane, and theres a giant 4 door truck that cuts everyone off and feels the need to cut within inches of my bumper so they have some kind of compensation for their.................. truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I realize there are dumb drivers out there, texting, talking, driving way too slow and what-not, but consider this: many of the dumb ones are the aggressive ones. Especially the speeders. Not necessarily talking or texting, but just speeding and not keeping their eyes on the road.

I'm sorry, what was your point again?
How long do you want me to consider your seriously ignorant opinion? So the faster people go the less they look at the road? This is supposed to be your argument for drivers who are busy on their cell phones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
I drove to Houston this past Saturday. It's a speedway over there. SA drivers might be annoying in our own little ways...but we don't drive at WARP SPEED and risk dying a fiery, multi-car crash pile-up death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
you know, you're right, i've never seen a multi car wreck in san antonio (maybe i dont' look hard enough) but i've visited houston a lot, and twice i've seen 4 or more cars on the side of the road with matching bumper scrapes.

they even have signs that say "steer it, clear it" and show a car rear ending another car!
Ive never seen those but thats pretty sad. Thats something you need to learn before you ever start driving on the road.
"Ok billy, don't forget; Don't run in to the car in front of you."
"gee thanks I almost forgot about that one."

Old 08-31-2010, 07:16 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,474,591 times
I think the guy from Beaumont got these two situations confused from the Texas DMV Handbook:

Situation 8—Entering or leaving controlled-access highway.—The driver of a
vehicle proceeding on an access or frontage road of a controlled-access
highway shall yield the right-of-way to:
a. a vehicle entering or about to enter the road from the highway; or,
b. a vehicle leaving or about to leave the road to enter the highway.

ENTERING THE FREEWAY
1. You must yield the right-of-way to vehicles already on the freeway.
2. Enter the speed change lane, stay to the right, signal left, and when the
way is clear increase your speed so you can merge with the flow of traffic.
• Adjust your speed to allow others to enter the freeway safely.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:50 AM

49 posts, read 83,709 times
Y-I-E-L-D???? Who knows or does this in San antonio?

Old 09-13-2010, 04:56 PM

122 posts, read 372,612 times
BEWARE of this Soccer Mom!!!
She drives a sand/gold older model Chevy Tahoo.
She comes out of the Shavano Park area off Lockhill Selma to 1604.
Twice now, she has tailgated me while getting on to 1604 eastbound. I was doing 70 to get onto 1604, she nails it and cuts off who ever is in the left lane and passes me at about 85 mph. We cross NW Military, she gets back to the right lane to take the next exit, tailgates that car so close your can't see it, today she passed the car in front of her on the shoulder before the exit. Then accelerates back up to 85 mph on the access road, weaving and passing everyone to turn into the entrance to the Elementary School, so fast she almost hit the curb in the turn. Does she drive like this when she has her kids in the Tahoo with her? Absolute Nuts!!! How do people who drive like this not get caught? AMAZING!!!!

Old 09-14-2010, 05:42 PM

122 posts, read 372,612 times
Default Another One!!!

Today, getting on to 281 southbound at Bitters, up to speed, gettiing on to 281 behind a car, the guy in the middle lane decides he needs the Nacoma exit and moves into the right lane that I am merging into. No signal and yakking on the phone. How much do I want to "pit-maneaver" this guy or speed up to prevent him from the exit. Here comes that saying "Where are the Cops when you need/want them most?" God!! Our roads in San Antonio are full of Fools and Idiots!!!! Beware SA drivers!!!
We have alot more Fools on the road now.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:24 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksa09 View Post
Today, getting on to 281 southbound at Bitters, up to speed, gettiing on to 281 behind a car, the guy in the middle lane decides he needs the Nacoma exit and moves into the right lane that I am merging into. No signal and yakking on the phone. How much do I want to "pit-maneaver" this guy or speed up to prevent him from the exit. Here comes that saying "Where are the Cops when you need/want them most?" God!! Our roads in San Antonio are full of Fools and Idiots!!!! Beware SA drivers!!!
We have alot more Fools on the road now.
Yes, and a good way to begin to remedy this situation is to outlaw cell phone use entirely in the car.

Then, make everyone take defensive driving and a driving test at their 5 year driver license anniversary mark, and every 5 years thereafter. Given by DPS--not some comic yahoo.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:50 AM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times
Can I please once again complain about people who wait until the last minute to get into their exit lane? I cannot stand it when people on 10 headed towards the 410 exit speed ahead of you 2-3 lanes over and then try to get in at the last minute. It's so dangerous because there's that barrier that breaks up 410/10. I've had to slam on my breaks numerous times to make sure that people get in. Ahhhhhh.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Can I please once again complain about people who wait until the last minute to get into their exit lane? I cannot stand it when people on 10 headed towards the 410 exit speed ahead of you 2-3 lanes over and then try to get in at the last minute. It's so dangerous because there's that barrier that breaks up 410/10. I've had to slam on my breaks numerous times to make sure that people get in. Ahhhhhh.
Yes, yes you may.

(and I wholeheartedly agree, and may I add it's just freaking rude as he*l to cut in line...didn't anyone learn anything in 1st grade?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio