Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:16 PM

3 posts, read 6,341 times

Advertisements

Does anyone find the san antonio Express News Paper boring? It is suppose to be about local news, events that happen in the city, right? This is not what is going on in my neighborhood, we live in part of the city that is forgotten or overlooked because we are not rich people that live in North San Antonio. We have so many wild dogs running the streets that we have taken a baseball bat outside to kill them or chase them off.

Would anyone out there in san antonio like to see an online newspaper that really reported on news that goes on in neighborhoods? Where people could put in there on opinion and actually get published online. A paper where we can hold the city council responsible for not "taking action" on certain problems that exist, perhaps a city dog catcher that can't seem to catch stray dogs. What the Hell is he getting paid for!! To drive around all day! Lets talk about the real news that is important to the little people struggling to make their monthly bills. Lets hear your views on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 10:17 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
You lost me at "baseball bat". Sorry.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:23 PM

Sorry, these dogs have attacked people who go outside to check their mail. No one will do anything so we have too.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:29 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder111111 View Post
Lets talk about the real news that is important to the little people struggling to make their monthly bills. Lets hear your views on this subject.
I'd be happy to see a newspaper that did that
I'm a little tired of reading or watching the news and be about people getting killed or about some c.... that is happening 2000 miles from here.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:38 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,352 times
Instead of the 14.99 baseball bat, why not give 15 bucks to the ASPCA?

Sure, write an article about killing dogs and include a "reply to" address for that editorial, I'll deliver my rebuttal in person.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 PM

we haven't killed dogs, only chased them away. No the city should pick these dogs up, we don't have 15 bucks for ASPCA. There are a pack of dogs running wild here and school kids getting on the bus in the morning are scared by these dogs. Sorry, but we will protect ourselves first.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
Quote:
Would anyone out there in san antonio like to see an online newspaper that really reported on news that goes on in neighborhoods? Where people could put in there on opinion and actually get published online. A paper where we can hold the city council responsible for not "taking action" on certain problems that exist, perhaps a city dog catcher that can't seem to catch stray dogs. What the Hell is he getting paid for!! To drive around all day! Lets talk about the real news that is important to the little people struggling to make their monthly bills. Lets hear your views on this subject.
This sounds a bit like the San Antonio Lightning.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:03 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times
Quote:
Does anyone find the san antonio Express News Paper boring? It is suppose to be about local news, events that happen in the city, right? This is not what is going on in my neighborhood, we live in part of the city that is forgotten or overlooked because we are not rich people that live in North San Antonio. We have so many wild dogs running the streets that we have taken a baseball bat outside to kill them or chase them off.

Here's an article on that very issue...yesterdays SA Express.

In a city and county with about 100,000 stray dogs, Annie Clark met one while training for a half-marathon this year in her Southeast Side neighborhood.

It was the biggest pit bull Clark had ever seen — and it was charging right at her.

“I did what you're not supposed to do,” she said. “I stopped and shrank back.”

The dog sank its teeth into her left thigh. Clark, 22, yelled, and the animal backed off. Bleeding, she ran home.

Another resident in the Highland Park neighborhood heard Clark's cries and called Animal Care Services, a city department that receives about 300 calls a day for stray animals. Animal control officers later arrived, found the pit bull and hauled it away.

Collaring the problem of stray dogs

Old 09-20-2009, 05:56 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
I haven't ran into problems with stray dogs because I live in a new neighborhood in Cibolo.
But if I ever have a problem, the owner better pray that that dog doesn't like ribeye steak,
because it will be the last meal that dog is gonna have.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:37 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
I'm not following you. First you mentioned the following:
"We have so many wild dogs running the streets that we have taken a baseball bat outside to kill them or chase them off."
Then your response is:
"we haven't killed dogs, only chased them away."
I'm just trying to figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio