Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 AM

3 posts, read 3,803 times

Advertisements

I have recently accepted a job in San Antonio and will be moving from Orlando, Florida in the next month or two. I am not very familiar with the area, so I am seeking some advice on neighborhoods. My live-in boyfriend and I are very young (I am 23 and he is 25) and we have two dogs, so we would like to find a house to rent somewhere safe / nice where we still have a yard. We would like to spend less than $1200 a month, which is our current rent.

Can anyone tell me in what safe areas I should look to find a yard, a young population, and moderately priced housing?

Also, does anyone know of a good rental agent who can recommend some homes?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 11:30 AM

Default additional info

also, here is some more information:

I will probably be working for AFCEE at Brooks-City Base. Commuting isn't a huge deal to me (I am originally from DC so nothing can be worse than that), but I wouldn't mind finding a neighborhood near there.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:57 PM

72 posts, read 290,162 times
The area near Seaworld near Lackland would probably be your best bet. There are plenty of homes to rent in your price range and your commute would be 15 to 20 min tops to Brooks. PM if you want more info.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:02 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Check out the Monte Viejo subdivision on the other side of Brooks City base area of 37 South. There's tons of shopping centers going up in the area about a mile from the base and the subdivision.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:56 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times
Here you go:

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html

Old 09-15-2009, 04:13 PM

824 posts, read 1,816,054 times
It will help if you tell us a bit more about what you like: urban vs. suburban, what you guys like to do for fun, what in paticular you look for in a neighborhood, etc.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied--all your information is very helpful.

We prefer a suburban atmosphere--close enough to the city to be able to get around, but also far enough away that we aren't sharing walls with neighbors and we can have some space and a yard. We also look for newer construction; the house we are currently in was built in the 50s and has lots of problems that we'd like to avoid in our next home. We are pretty laid back people. We do like to go out to bars and what not, but we are mostly homebodies but HUGE college football fans. We mostly spend time at home with our dogs or taking the dogs to the dog park.

I have definitely been looking at the area around Lackland. I've heard it's mostly military families and newer developments with lower rent for more space. Monte Viejo sounds nice also and I will make sure and consider that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: