Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:08 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times

Advertisements

Well if they are renters maybe the are unsure what exactly they can do about the situation - maybe they really do care and they have already reached out to their landlord and they are unsure how to approach you (like youre unsure how to approach them)? Have you talked with them yet at all? In a calm reasonable manner - cuz it sounds like you already had a mindset about the people before they even moved in.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:10 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCounty View Post
Wow, ya'll are too nice. The reason I KNOW that they don't care is because it's been a week already and they haven't fixed it appropriately. They are also not the owners. My nice old neighbors moved away and decided to rent.
But, I have decided to do #3. I already told my landscaper to bring dirt and let's fix this right. it's the Christian thing to do right? Thanks for your thoughts.

A week? Maybe they're busy people, kids, work, other obligations...they haven't had time! I hardly have time to do laundry some weeks let alone finish up something in the back fence.

If you know the old owners, why don't you call them and have them take care of it? If they are renting it they should be responsible for those types of things as well, right?

But, it sounds like you've made up your mind anyway, you just need a place to vent about your problems.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:10 AM
rwr

268 posts, read 611,875 times
Shoot first, ask question later ! Is this really all you have to worry about?

Old 09-16-2009, 11:14 AM

124 posts, read 253,076 times
Quote:
Hi, I was hoping to get some good advice. New neighbors just moved in. They have a cute little poodle in the backyard. Some neighborhood stray mutt is in love with their poodle and vice versa. I guess they're both in heat. Anyhow, they both have dug a huge hole/tunnel from both ends of the neighbor's fence so that they can do the nasty. Luckily before it happened my neighbor heard the commotion of the barking and put a stop to it. Now here is my issue. The stray mutt had brought some trash, an empty gallon of milk container he was chewing and it was on the neighbors property near the wall of his house. The stray also had kicked the dirt from the hole along with big rocks onto my beautiful grass/property. This mess sat there for a few days. Yesterday the neighbor covered the hole with a two by four that sticks about 2 feet into my property sitting right on top of my nice green grass. I didn't think much of it until today when I went to unlock the gate for my landscaper and noticed the milk container is now on my property in front of my gate, the pile of rocks and dirt are still on my grass and this two by four will surely kill my grass underneath and make it difficult for my landscaper to mow. Should I be ticked off? I feel ticked off. I was wondering if anybody had some helpful advice. Please know that I haven't even met the neighbors in any way yet. I thought of doing the following:
1) Angrily go next door and tell them how inconsiderate they are, and demand that they clean the mess and fix the hole correctly with dirt instead of a board.
2) Ignore it all and hope that they have the decency to eventually fix things right.
3) Do something very uncharacteristic of me by paying my lawn guy to fill in the hole properly, disposing of the gallon of milk container. Burying the rocks. Finally leaving the board standing up against their fence to show they how they should have done things in the first place.

personally I feel like #1.

You should seek medical help immediately!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:53 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,362,473 times
I'm glad you picked #3.

BTW - I want your problems.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
If you know the old owners, why don't you call them and have them take care of it? If they are renting it they should be responsible for those types of things as well, right?
This seems like the best option, IMO. The owners need to know that their tenants are doing half-baked repairs on their property. Or if the tenant is doing stopgap repairs while waiting for the owner to make a permanent fix, your nudge might be just the thing to make that fix happen.

If that doesn't get you satisfaction and you have an HOA, get them involved.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:28 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
Quote:
Hi, I was hoping to get some good advice. New neighbors just moved in. They have a cute little poodle in the backyard. Some neighborhood stray mutt is in love with their poodle and vice versa. I guess they're both in heat. Anyhow, they both have dug a huge hole/tunnel from both ends of the neighbor's fence so that they can do the nasty. Luckily before it happened my neighbor heard the commotion of the barking and put a stop to it. Now here is my issue. The stray mutt had brought some trash, an empty gallon of milk container he was chewing and it was on the neighbors property near the wall of his house. The stray also had kicked the dirt from the hole along with big rocks onto my beautiful grass/property. This mess sat there for a few days. Yesterday the neighbor covered the hole with a two by four that sticks about 2 feet into my property sitting right on top of my nice green grass. I didn't think much of it until today when I went to unlock the gate for my landscaper and noticed the milk container is now on my property in front of my gate, the pile of rocks and dirt are still on my grass and this two by four will surely kill my grass underneath and make it difficult for my landscaper to mow. Should I be ticked off? I feel ticked off. I was wondering if anybody had some helpful advice. Please know that I haven't even met the neighbors in any way yet. I thought of doing the following:
1) Angrily go next door and tell them how inconsiderate they are, and demand that they clean the mess and fix the hole correctly with dirt instead of a board.
2) Ignore it all and hope that they have the decency to eventually fix things right.
3) Do something very uncharacteristic of me by paying my lawn guy to fill in the hole properly, disposing of the gallon of milk container. Burying the rocks. Finally leaving the board standing up against their fence to show they how they should have done things in the first place.

personally I feel like #1.

How inconsiderate they are? They've been there how long and you haven't even been over there, introduced yourself and welcomed them to the neighborhood...and now you're thinking of storming over there and giving them a piece of your mind?

I'm not saying what they did is right...but sheesh. You catch a lot more flies with honey than vinegar.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:42 PM

23 posts, read 73,784 times
Well, I had the holes filled, dumped their trash and moved the board. Problem solved.
Should I take them some cookies and my first born too?
"I" shouldn't be THAT upset??? I only had someone's trash in my yard, their rocks and soil mound on my yard, and two feet of a 4X4 in my yard. My ruined grass will grow back.
I'm upset because this isn't a problem that I have caused. It's a problem that was brought onto me.
Way to make an impression in your new neighborhood.
But somehow "I'm" the bad guy. Ya'll are coo-coo.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
No one is saying go kiss their butts, but try not to not have your first interaction with them be one out of anger. I am sure we are all guilty of doing something without realizing it was ruining something for someone else, like Ash said often people are oblivious to the obvious. Oh and get a grip, realize there are faaar worse things your neighbors could be doing to you.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:55 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Trash the milk jug, move the 2x4 and be friendly and put the rocks in the hole.
Exactly, making a mountian out of a mole hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio