Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,688,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCounty View Post
Well, I had the holes filled, dumped their trash and moved the board. Problem solved.
Should I take them some cookies and my first born too?
"I" shouldn't be THAT upset??? I only had someone's trash in my yard, their rocks and soil mound on my yard, and two feet of a 4X4 in my yard. My ruined grass will grow back.
I'm upset because this isn't a problem that I have caused. It's a problem that was brought onto me.
Way to make an impression in your new neighborhood.
But somehow "I'm" the bad guy. Ya'll are coo-coo.
No, but you are blaming them for some things that were not of their control. The milk jug, did it come from them? You said it was trash that a stray brought onto your yard. Just leaving it there on your yard for a week? WOW!!! I've lived in new construction neighborhoods and when the wind kicks in we have gotten all kinds of "trash" blown up into our driveway and against our garage door. I don't just leave it there. I pick it up and throw it away. Easy and problem solved. I'm sure you have had some kind of "trash" of yours blow onto someone elses yard before and will again.

Then the issue of the stray dog. Was the stray dog the new neighbors? No. He WAS the responsibility of some LOSER that just let them run loose or turned them loose. Not the dogs fault as they are depending on us sorry humans to take care of them. This dog was let to run loose and on its own because of another human being piece of trash. The neighbor didn't hang out a welcome mat for the stray dog to come "court" his dog. Just because their FENCED IN dog goes into "heat" or something and attracts the stray really can't be blamed on them either. Maybe you can alert them to an upcoming spay and neuter clinic. After all, the neighbor DID see what happened and fixed the problem so that his dog won't get preggers and bring more unwanted animals into this crazy world. Maybe it wasn't the immediate solution YOU wanted but it did solve the problem QUICKLY as that is what he was looking for. If he would have simply refilled the hole w/ dirt the stray would have dug it right back out again

Your immaculate lawn will grow back and recover from this travesty. Meanwhile, some poor stray dog that depended on a sorry butt human is out there fending for itself and your new neighbors are busy trying to get adjusted to their new digs. Sometimes, life happens.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:30 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,779,757 times
Quote:
Hi, I was hoping to get some good advice. New neighbors just moved in. They have a cute little poodle in the backyard. Some neighborhood stray mutt is in love with their poodle and vice versa. I guess they're both in heat. Anyhow, they both have dug a huge hole/tunnel from both ends of the neighbor's fence so that they can do the nasty. Luckily before it happened my neighbor heard the commotion of the barking and put a stop to it. Now here is my issue. The stray mutt had brought some trash, an empty gallon of milk container he was chewing and it was on the neighbors property near the wall of his house. The stray also had kicked the dirt from the hole along with big rocks onto my beautiful grass/property. This mess sat there for a few days. Yesterday the neighbor covered the hole with a two by four that sticks about 2 feet into my property sitting right on top of my nice green grass. I didn't think much of it until today when I went to unlock the gate for my landscaper and noticed the milk container is now on my property in front of my gate, the pile of rocks and dirt are still on my grass and this two by four will surely kill my grass underneath and make it difficult for my landscaper to mow. Should I be ticked off? I feel ticked off. I was wondering if anybody had some helpful advice. Please know that I haven't even met the neighbors in any way yet. I thought of doing the following:
1) Angrily go next door and tell them how inconsiderate they are, and demand that they clean the mess and fix the hole correctly with dirt instead of a board.
2) Ignore it all and hope that they have the decency to eventually fix things right.
3) Do something very uncharacteristic of me by paying my lawn guy to fill in the hole properly, disposing of the gallon of milk container. Burying the rocks. Finally leaving the board standing up against their fence to show they how they should have done things in the first place.

personally I feel like #1.

Even I am going to have to advise you to "chill". I'm usually the first one to go over and rip them a new one...but this seems petty. Relax.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:38 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,409,062 times
Perhaps you should take them some cookies, THEY just moved into a new neighborhood, and then all of a sudden all these harsh problems have been dumped into THEIR laps. Be kind, be a human that's all.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:01 PM

28 posts, read 65,202 times
I am having similar problems with my neighbors, but i might be over reacting. Everytime they pull their weeds or trim their shrubs they diliberately throw them in the concrete drainage area separating our yards. this really upsets me; especially since i clean that area every time i mow my front yard, they see me cleaning it, and they still throw their trash in that area. As someone mentioned earlier, some people are completely oblivious to the obvious, or they are just plain lazy.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:32 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,302,460 times
Quote:
Well, I had the holes filled, dumped their trash and moved the board. Problem solved.
"I" shouldn't be THAT upset??? I only had someone's trash in my yard, their rocks and soil mound on my yard, and two feet of a 4X4 in my yard. My ruined grass will grow back.
I'm upset because this isn't a problem that I have caused. It's a problem that was brought onto me.
What if you found out someone in that household had cancer, or was disabled or just got divorced, or suffered the death of a loved one? This problem may be very TINY in comparison to other things they may dealing with.

It doesn't seem apparent that you care about developing civil relations with your neighbors.....renters or not. They may be a military family that needs some support. Gawd....the lack of human compassion is sickening. Maybe you need to move to a Stepford community.

FYI...this forum isn't a dear abby column to solve petty problems.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:17 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,219,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
FYI...this forum isn't a dear abby column to solve petty problems.
I agree. I guess the next time I get into a dispute with someone I'll have to solve it on CD too.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:45 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,843,999 times
I don't know. The small things count for a lot. Someone willing to just make a mess on your yard sounds like a neighbor you do not really want to meet in the first place. Renters? Some are terrible, break things, do not care, it isn't theirs so why should they? Even if you have a death in the family there is no reason to disrespect someone else by trashing their yard.

I do agree that maybe the OP is overreacting but you can almost tell those neighbors will be a continuous source of frustration.

The worse though is neighbors who play loud music at all hours and holidays without being considerate >_<

Old 09-17-2009, 04:53 AM

272 posts, read 638,016 times
Aside from one other person, no cares about the poor stray dog? Come on he was playing with a milk carton.... Who cares about the precious grass. Call a shelter or if worse comes to worse call animal control. Shame on you

Old 09-17-2009, 08:02 AM

162 posts, read 702,227 times
Quote:
Sounds like you're ticked off simply because you didn't get the answer you were hoping for.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,952,612 times
Ok. How about this:

Walk over to your neighbor's house, pull him/her into the yard, plunge his/her head into the hole, and tell him to fix it or he/she will lose his/her legs. Then kill the dog, place its head on a pike, and burn the body in your neighbor's yard. Every day after that, leave a single dog bone next to your neighbor's front door as a reminder of the injustice he/she caused.

Or, you could just chalk the whole thing up to insignificance and move on with your life.

--Dim

Disclaimer: In no way to I seriously advise the first part of this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio