Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 07:32 AM

905 posts, read 2,959,750 times

Advertisements

One thing I would hope you don't want to do is begin a relationship with your new neighbors based on your outrage over an issue like this. They may be there for a year, maybe longer, and you never know when you may need to call on them for help.

I would have done the following:
1. pick up the garbage and get rid of it yourself. After all, it was on your property. Like momof2dfw mentioned, things do get blown in our yards occasionally. Is it really that big of a deal to pick it up?

2. Gone over and introduced myself and welcomed them to the neighborhood. Then ask them about the incident and was there anything you could do to help fix the problem. Considering they are renters, they may not have had a shovel to move the dirt with. If they don't, offer to let them borrow your shovel. Now, if you are not able to talk to them and you are worried about your "beautiful grass" dying, grab a shovel or trowel or whatever you have and scoot the dirt and rocks back onto their side of the property line. Follow that up with a visit when they are home.

Try on their shoes for a while. Don't you remember the chaos when you moved into your home? Perhaps they were trying to balance work, kids, family life, school, meals, etc. like the rest of us do, only their household was still packed up in boxes.

Hopefully, your renters will be responsible neighbors, maybe become good friends. Are a milk carton, a few rocks and some dirt in your yard worth risking a good relationship?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:15 AM

278 posts, read 693,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viny80 View Post
Aside from one other person, no cares about the poor stray dog? Come on he was playing with a milk carton.... Who cares about the precious grass. Call a shelter or if worse comes to worse call animal control. Shame on you
and we have a winner. people are arguing about a hole and some grass, and youve got a dog that needs help.

the OP asked what the "christian" thing to do is?

1. stop claiming to be christian when asking about bashing peoples faces in
2. help the living thing that needs help
3. go meet your neighbors

un-frickin-believable. seriously, what is wrong with you? you need common sense, not religion or a nice lawn.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:55 AM

452 posts, read 1,028,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCounty View Post
Well, I had the holes filled, dumped their trash and moved the board. Problem solved.
Should I take them some cookies and my first born too?
"I" shouldn't be THAT upset??? I only had someone's trash in my yard, their rocks and soil mound on my yard, and two feet of a 4X4 in my yard. My ruined grass will grow back.
I'm upset because this isn't a problem that I have caused. It's a problem that was brought onto me.
Way to make an impression in your new neighborhood.
But somehow "I'm" the bad guy. Ya'll are coo-coo.
You're the one who's all twisted into the ground over a hole and a milk carton and we're coo-coo?! May I suggest some anger management classes? Sheesh! If this is your biggest problem, well, lucky you!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:38 PM

23 posts, read 73,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
You're the one who's all twisted into the ground over a hole and a milk carton and we're coo-coo?! May I suggest some anger management classes? Sheesh! If this is your biggest problem, well, lucky you!
I guess there are people like you who let OTHERS walk all over you. I already said I FIXED THE HOLE MYSELF! The hole on THEIR property. I threw away the garbage THEY left on my property. I also called animal control for 5 days straight and they have yet to come get this mutt in our subdivision. our tax dollars at work, maybe they'll only go to the dominion. As far as my anger is concerned well, it's my prerogative to be angry about what I deem to be inconsiderate behavior. To quote some of you morons: "what if someone has a terminal disease", "what if they're a military family", "what if they're busy with kids". HOGWASH! You dumb dumbs can make excuses for everything. It is personal responsibility to be courteous regardless of what situation you are in. My father just past away, can I go throw rocks through my neighbor's windows and be excused? My dog is sick, can I dump my grass clippings all over my neighbor's car? You are coo-coo! You will probably excuse the guy that breaks into your house, rapes your family, steals your belongings, and lights your house on fire. He had a bad day, just forgive him, go make him some cookies. this forum is full of some people I thought I'd only find in Berkeley, CA.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:44 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post

the OP asked what the "christian" thing to do is?

1. stop claiming to be christian when asking about bashing peoples faces in
2. help the living thing that needs help
3. go meet your neighbors
Quote:
I guess there are people like you who let OTHERS walk all over you. I already said I FIXED THE HOLE MYSELF! The hole on THEIR property. I threw away the garbage THEY left on my property. I also called animal control for 5 days straight and they have yet to come get this mutt in our subdivision. our tax dollars at work, maybe they'll only go to the dominion. As far as my anger is concerned well, it's my prerogative to be angry about what I deem to be inconsiderate behavior.
Then don't come on to a public message board asking "what should I do?".

Quote:
To quote some of you morons: "what if someone has a terminal disease", "what if they're a military family", "what if they're busy with kids". HOGWASH! You dumb dumbs can make excuses for everything. It is personal responsibility to be courteous regardless of what situation you are in. My father just past away, can I go throw rocks through my neighbor's windows and be excused? My dog is sick, can I dump my grass clippings all over my neighbor's car? You are coo-coo! You will probably excuse the guy that breaks into your house, rapes your family, steals your belongings, and lights your house on fire. He had a bad day, just forgive him, go make him some cookies.
You probably need to look over the TOS on this site about name-calling. That is, after you look in the yellow pages for some sort of therapy. Priorities.

Quote:
this forum is full of some people I thought I'd only find in Berkeley, CA.
HEY HEY! No need to get nasty! Jeez!

(P.S. you didn't respond to anything V3rtigo said...I wonder why?)

Old 09-17-2009, 01:05 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
I guess there are people like you who let OTHERS walk all over you. I already said I FIXED THE HOLE MYSELF! The hole on THEIR property. I threw away the garbage THEY left on my property. I also called animal control for 5 days straight and they have yet to come get this mutt in our subdivision. our tax dollars at work, maybe they'll only go to the dominion. As far as my anger is concerned well, it's my prerogative to be angry about what I deem to be inconsiderate behavior. To quote some of you morons: "what if someone has a terminal disease", "what if they're a military family", "what if they're busy with kids". HOGWASH! You dumb dumbs can make excuses for everything. It is personal responsibility to be courteous regardless of what situation you are in. My father just past away, can I go throw rocks through my neighbor's windows and be excused? My dog is sick, can I dump my grass clippings all over my neighbor's car? You are coo-coo! You will probably excuse the guy that breaks into your house, rapes your family, steals your belongings, and lights your house on fire. He had a bad day, just forgive him, go make him some cookies. this forum is full of some people I thought I'd only find in Berkeley, CA.
How did THEY leave the the garbage on YOUR property? I thought you said it was a milk jug the STRAY DOG brought onto your property.

Oh silly me that's right. The stray dog is also the fault of the new neighbors

Obviously EVERYTHING we have said went right over your head. I don't think we are the "dumb dumbs". IF the new neighbor would have filled back in the hole the very next day the stray dog most likely would have dug it all up again. GESH!!! At least with the board the stray dog can't keep digging and digging a bigger hole and making more of a mess on your immaculate lawn. ~~~shaking head~~~

How do you know that animal services has not come out to try and get the stray dog? They may have come out several times and in their drives thru the neighborhood not spotted the stray dog. Ever thought of that Besides, animal control can't stay in YOUR neighborhood constantly as they do get other calls. If once around they don't see the stray and they have another call to go onto they will.

I's thinks you are being totally irrational over this whole thing. We TRIED to give you some tips on the matter and you just blew more gaskets. You might want to call your doctor and have your blood pressure checked Don't want to leave the wife a widow do ya. Or maybe that is her plan and she is going to run off with the guy next door

And NO, I do NOT let people walk all over me. I'm a pretty stand up person that will stand up against people. I just believe the whole thing your getting upset over is of such minor proportions that it is almost laughable. Heaven help you that something really bad may happen in your neighborhood.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:10 PM

330 posts, read 937,038 times
Moderator cut: orphaned But don't forget that poor stray dog...

Last edited by Bo; 09-17-2009 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you were referring to was deleted

Old 09-17-2009, 01:12 PM

162 posts, read 705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac12 View Post
Too funny But don't forget that poor stray dog...
Definitely. I'm Team Stray Dog!

Old 09-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Some posts above were deleted, while others were moved to the off-topic thread. The San Antonio forum's off-topic thread is the only thread in this forum for which the following section of the TOS does not apply.

Quote:
Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
It's clear from the subsequent waves of posts that were deleted that this thread isn't helping the OP anymore, so it is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio