Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:42 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
So....... back to dogs eating in restaraunts. Whatcha think??

Can we please leave kids out of this? It is about dogs in restaraunts. Kids should have never been brought up in the first place.
(I am guilty and if I still have time I will delete my comments about kids).
I understand your concern to stay on topic. Rock on!
Just wanted to clarify some things mentioned on this thread, that's all.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:42 AM

5 posts, read 2,191 times
What about people who are allergic to dogs? Are you a gluton and dog free restaraunt?

What about people who don't want to catch a cold of flu or strep because you'd rather not pay for a babysitter for your little hellion who is obviously sick since he's got more goo coming out of his nostrils than the entire movie of Ghostbusters required?

Old 09-23-2009, 10:44 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
It would be awesome if you'd develop a nice attitude and or at least the ability to stay off my case.

I agree, this is a discussion board. We can agree to disagree without constant battering of certain members.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
I agree, this is a discussion board. We can agree to disagree without constant battering of certain members.
I didn't see anything wrong being said. Since we are using written communication, we cannot catch the small non verbal communication hints used in face to face communication. What one individual may write may be well meaning, another may take in another way.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:47 AM

5 posts, read 2,191 times
LindaGrace: it should be the restaurants right and reservation to limit the amount of dogs at any given time. Say that, it should also be up to management to say, "Hey, you aren't controlling your dog and you will have to leave if you can't." And when they still don't, they get booted. Pretty simple--unfortunately we can't do that with children.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:49 AM

574 posts, read 1,338,434 times
If I am out with my dog for the day, I do appreciate eateries that have a dog friendly policy. After some concerns others have mentioned in the thread, I can understand the reservations about dogs on the patio. I will say that in my lifetime I have never seen with my dog or another owners dog, a bathroom issue. I'm sure it happens, but I would think rarely. I'm not a person who purposefully cruises around looking for dog friendly patios so I can have a dinner date with my dog, but the convenience is nice.

Not every eatery in town will be forced to allow dogs on the property so I don't see the problem, if you don't like it stop going. Perhaps management will change their minds; democracy is in the dollar.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noillegalsnusa View Post
LindaGrace: it should be the restaurants right and reservation to limit the amount of dogs at any given time. Say that, it should also be up to management to say, "Hey, you aren't controlling your dog and you will have to leave if you can't." And when they still don't, they get booted. Pretty simple--unfortunately we can't do that with children.
Yes, well said.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:56 AM

85 posts, read 201,114 times
Interesting topic, but I think I'm missing something.

Is it currently against the city ordinances to bring a dog to the Flying Saucer? Are they breaking the law? I've had many pleasant lunches with my well-behaved pooch there before.

Is the new proposal going to require that all restaurants allow dogs? I like bringing my dog along on a nice afternoon to a patio, but I'm in favor of allowing the restaurant owners make the final decision. Since that's the only place (that I know of) in my area that allows it, I'm more inclined to grab lunch there. The non-dog lovers (or allergic people) have the option to sit inside or go elsewhere, and I've never seen it to be a problem.

In summary, I'm for letting the restaurant owners decide.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedCoffee View Post
Interesting topic, but I think I'm missing something.

Is it currently against the city ordinances to bring a dog to the Flying Saucer? Are they breaking the law? I've had many pleasant lunches with my well-behaved pooch there before.

Is the new proposal going to require that all restaurants allow dogs? I like bringing my dog along on a nice afternoon to a patio, but I'm in favor of allowing the restaurant owners make the final decision. Since that's the only place (that I know of) in my area that allows it, I'm more inclined to grab lunch there. The non-dog lovers (or allergic people) have the option to sit inside or go elsewhere, and I've never seen it to be a problem.

In summary, I'm for letting the restaurant owners decide.
Yes! Some restaurants are more dog friendly than others such as:
- informal eateries with owners who are dog lovers
- restaurants near a vet (since owners are busy, they might stop by to eat on their way after the visit)

Old 09-23-2009, 11:03 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Just wondering about everyone's opinion on this. I have mixed feelings myself. (sorry if it has already been posted )

Dogs could be joining diners at S.A. eateries
Txtrkgrl - this is a great post with a lot of different opinions. I hope it gets back on track to get the full scope of everyones thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio