Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:59 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times

Advertisements

WT.. is the deal with people flicking lit cigarettes in San Antonio???

I've had about 3-4 people flick their cigarettes out of their car and almost hit my car in the 4 months that I've lived in San Antonio.

But today I saw the most amazing ....... I've ever seen.
I was pumping gas when I woman drives into the gas station parking lot in her expensive BMW.
As she is driving by, trying to find a spot where to park to go in to buy something
she flicked a cigarette in the gas station parking lot
I'm guessing that the cigarette was lit, because if she put it out in an ashtray, she would have left it in it.
I cannot believe that anybody with a brain inside their head would ever be stupid enough to flick a cigarette in a gas station.
I'm not the type of person to go up to people and tell them what they should or shouldn't do in a public place. But I almost went up to her and told her exactly what I thought about it.
After I got home, I regreting not telling her anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 05:02 PM

556 posts, read 2,087,424 times
I agree Dopo....and as dry as we are these days - I wonder if many of our grass fires are started just this way!

Don't beat yourself up about not saying anything - next time I bet you will!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:07 PM

31 posts, read 85,234 times
My husband and I talk about this every time we are in the car. He wants to pull in front of them and throw trash at their car to proove a point. Of course we would not stoop to that level. But seriously, people who throw their cigs out the window ought to get a litterind fine. And that stupid lady at the gas station.... WOW! Even if you did say something to her she probably would have not processed it.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:46 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,856 times
Just like the OPs, my DH and I complain about cig flickers all the time. All it takes is a cig butt, dry grass and some wind and you've got a mean grass fire.
And what an idiot at the gas pump! :O

Old 02-20-2009, 06:21 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,634 times
If someone flicks one out and hits my truck im gonna pull them over and flick their face.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:50 PM

65 posts, read 158,986 times
Default RE: Tired of seeing people flicking lit cigarettes

I must admit I'm a smoker, but I carry a bottle of water in my car specifically for my butts. As dry as it is, I'd never throw one out. I can't believe anyone else would either. And driving into a gas station and flicking one out. That's just plain dumb anytime.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:53 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
I thought it was just me getting frustrated about this.

If it was up to me, I would pass a very strict law about flicking cigarettes out of people's car.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:59 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
According to the Don't Mess With Texas website, cigarette butts are litter, which means there already is a law in place, it just doesn't get enforced often enough.

Don't Mess with Texas - FAQs (http://dontmesswithtexas.org/faqs.php#qa1 - broken link)

Old 02-20-2009, 07:06 PM

269 posts, read 745,764 times
knew someone who did this so their car did not smell like an ashtray

my FIL had a rogue lit butt tossed out in front of him, the draft carried it into his lap as his window was down (he was enjoying nice weather) burned him and nearly cause a bad accident and the culprit was long gone by the time he extinguished himself....... you can bet he 'shares' this story when pertinent

Last edited by lovinSA; 02-20-2009 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: grammer ck does not equal spell ck

Old 02-20-2009, 07:16 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Here's a website where people are asking for fire-safe cigarettes. I vaguely remember a few years back--I think it was out on FM471, someone threw a lit cigarette out, it went into a guy's truck (the bed of it anyway) and caught the truck on fire--the driver died as a result..........surely someone remembers this. Apparently it happens a lot. So sad........I used to smoke, too, but I always used the nasty old ashtray.

Fire Safe Cigarettes :: In the news :: From the wires :: News accounts from 2007
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio