Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 10:22 AM

7 posts, read 20,761 times

Advertisements

[quote=shauben2007;10899510]I've been to Chama Gaucha and loved it, how does the new Fogo in Rivercenter Mall compare?

-Steve[/quot
Love...Chama Gaucha! We tried brazillian steakhouse in Dallas area that made me laugh in comparison to Chama's meat and sides...Chama could offer something sweet as an option like flan or grilled pineapple sprinkled with brown sugar cut fresh in front of you from their skewer. I always end up overloading on the banana dish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 10:59 AM

61,653 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Chama Gaucha is just a cheap version of Foco. I don't know about Foco at Riverwalk in SA, but Chama is not to compare with Foco in Houston.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:08 PM

490 posts, read 1,094,499 times
I'm anxious to try Chama.

Fogo is seriously overrated, both here and in other cities. They cram as many tables as they can into a small space. It is definitely more Ryan's Steakhouse than Bohanans.

Texas de Brazil opens December 28th on Houston street, so we will have another option.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,579,610 times
Like elnina said, the Fogo in Houston I have had a good experience with also.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:33 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,792 times
IMO, Chama's got it, hands down, for San Antonio rodizio-style eating. The meat is better sourced and the service beats the crap out of Fogo and their ridiculously crammed dining space. Fogo is a chain. It operates like a chain. It acts like a chain. We'll see if Texas de Brazil can make a dent with their larger dining room, flying wine rigging and more diverse salad bar.

BN

Old 12-01-2010, 01:54 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,027,144 times
Hmmmm....I should really visit Chama, then. LOL, I live here and have never been. I've been to the Fogo do Chao in the city where I went to school, and it was all right. Decent food, although only a few meat cuts had my taste buds overwhelmed.

Hopefully Texas de Brazil shall be interesting.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:53 PM
JNA

243 posts, read 735,070 times
Only went to Fogo once, in Brazil, not here. Great food, but honestly, other than the fact the one in SA is on the Riverwalk, I wouldn't pay the extra money to eat at Fogo over Chama. We've been to Chama about 3-4 times. Food and service have always been fantastic!

Old 12-02-2010, 05:27 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,792 times
JNA: You were in Brazil and you decided to eat at a Fogo? How dare you

But seriously, there are so many cheaper and better rodizios in both Sao Paulo and Rio. I'm shocked that Fogo can even survive there considering the competition and how picky locals can be when it comes to their meat.

One of my favorite rodizios is on Copacabana Beach, called Maxim's. Great view and their all you can eat meat-fest is only 12 BRL. Eu amo comida barata!

BN

Old 12-02-2010, 06:38 PM

584 posts, read 1,192,597 times
We have a Texas de Brazil that is opening also downtown on Houston Street. Saw the sign for it the other week. Ate there in Orlando. It was OK. I haven't found a Brazilian steak house that compares to the one I was at in Sau Paolo, Brazil.

Texas de Brazil

Old 12-02-2010, 09:16 PM
JNA

243 posts, read 735,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
JNA: You were in Brazil and you decided to eat at a Fogo? How dare you

But seriously, there are so many cheaper and better rodizios in both Sao Paulo and Rio. I'm shocked that Fogo can even survive there considering the competition and how picky locals can be when it comes to their meat.

One of my favorite rodizios is on Copacabana Beach, called Maxim's. Great view and their all you can eat meat-fest is only 12 BRL. Eu amo comida barata!

BN
Oh yeah! Lots of great churrascarias and quilos (food by the kilogram) as well for lunch in Sao Paulo. Fogo was actually for a very special occasion. Sao Paulo has great churrascarias to choose from at all sorts of price points!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio