Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:01 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times

Advertisements

No offense to the OP...because these kind of questions come up a lot....like how much is your property tax bill....or where did you eat last? They just bug me. But that's just silly me. Somethings don't seem appropriate to discuss on very private public forums that you cannot edit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 PM

905 posts, read 2,959,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
No offense to the OP...because these kind of questions come up a lot....like how much is your property tax bill....or where did you eat last? They just bug me. But that's just silly me. Somethings don't seem appropriate to discuss on very private public forums that you cannot edit.
I guess it's interesting to compare these things. Although you can't do too much about your property tax bill, I do like reading what other people do to reduce their grocery bill or restaurant recommendations. I have seen some posts that don't seem appropriate, though, so I understand what you mean.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
I wondered if it was too personal, although I wouldn't compare it with a property bill. Considering people no longer give you space at the checkout counter and insist on being all up in your lap and your business, grocery bills can hardly be kept secret anymore.

For the last few months or so I've just been stressing over the grocery bill and was curious to see if I'm paying around the average for a family of four or not. I don't like spending money, but unfortunately my kids insist on eating. Multiple times a day. Sheesh! The nerve!

Many thanks for all the responses -- some have made me stress more, others have added some comfort Guessing I really have to shop around a little more. Been resistant to do that up until now, for the sake of saving time.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:50 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
I don't really see the big deal with these threads. Some people are just open books and don't mind sharing information and don't care to get personal. It's not manditory to participate or read them if it's uncomfortable.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:55 PM

338 posts, read 1,230,745 times
$100-$150 at target mainly, for 2 adults, and a child (7) every 2 weeks.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:04 PM

47 posts, read 124,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I have to admit, I don't pay very much attention to the grocery bill. My wife knows what I like/don't like and she buys it..she knows the same for our son. End of story.

Ditto this, with 3 kids at home. But, we rarely eat out which helps with the bottom line. My wife does an excellent job of putting food on the table and I fire up the grill 1 or 2 times a week.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
I don't really see the big deal with these threads. Some people are just open books and don't mind sharing information and don't care to get personal. It's not manditory to participate or read them if it's uncomfortable.
I totally agree. If you don't want to share the information,don't. It's like the bios, some people fill in everything, others absolutely nothing.\
Nita

Old 10-01-2009, 04:15 PM

I cannot tell you how much my bill is anymore because I've been eating differently. I try to eat only fruits, veggies, yogurt, beans for breakfast, lunch and snacks and then I make a more balanced meal for dinner for us all to eat. I've been going to the store 2-3 times a week with my new eating style because I seem to run out of produce and yogurt quickly. It's not cheap but I couldn't really tell you how much it is. I need to track it better to get an idea. I may need to consider Sam's or Costco for produce now.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrockmedia View Post
$100-$150 at target mainly, for 2 adults, and a child (7) every 2 weeks.
My golly! So you are spending just 50 to 75 bucks a week if I'm reading that correctly?? That's exactly the kind of grocery bill I would love to have What's the secret? And what the heck are ya eatin'?

Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
My golly! So you are spending just 50 to 75 bucks a week if I'm reading that correctly?? That's exactly the kind of grocery bill I would love to have What's the secret? And what the heck are ya eatin'?
I believe at Target you can combine store coupons with manufacture coupons. If you do that and the item is on sale that week then you can get things pretty cheap. Target has printable store coupons on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio