Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:05 AM

97 posts, read 340,923 times

Advertisements

Afternoon all,

I'm looking for a place that sells quality running shoes in North San Antonio (I currently live close to Blanco and West). I'm looking for shoes like Mizunos or Saucony shoes. I've tried Sports Authority, Academy, etc...but found nothing.

Anyone out there know of potential places to look???

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 10:41 AM

40 posts, read 260,772 times
Have you tried Roger Soler Sports? There is one on Jackson Keller, Broadway and in old Helotes.
Soler's Sports

Old 09-18-2008, 01:02 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,333,776 times
Run Gear Run, 1604 and Stone Oak

Old 09-18-2008, 01:48 PM

260 posts, read 1,136,337 times
I second Roger Soler sports. The Helotes store is triathlon focused, but both stores have very knowledgeable and helpful staff.

I haven't seen Run Gear Run before - I might have to stop by there sometime and check it out.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:22 PM

57 posts, read 158,475 times
Fleet feet on N New Braunfels

Old 09-18-2008, 02:25 PM

592 posts, read 2,025,435 times
just got some shoes at run gear run and they are exceptional

Old 09-18-2008, 02:33 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,715,840 times
There's a new store that just opened up near Stone Oak called THE ATHLETE'S FOOT. Heard good things about it. Check it out.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:17 PM

9 posts, read 29,977 times
Default A few stores

You are probably closest to RunGearRun on 1604 and Stone Oak. Take Blanco North to 1604, take a right onto 1604, exit onto Stone Oak. Take a left onto Stone Oak, then take an immediate right into that shopping center. They are a specialty running store. Resources and gear for running, swimming and triathlons. I also have bought my shoes at Roger Soler's (JacksonKeller location and the one in Helotes.) RunGearRun will give you a 10 percent discount if you join the SA Roadrunners club.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:37 AM

796 posts, read 3,050,374 times
I am reviving an old thread because I need to.

I have been walking for 3-4 miles Mon-Fri since the beginning of the school year and started running 3 weeks ago. Now that I know I am dedicated to this and am going to do my first 5K in October, I am ready to spend the money on some good running shoes. I have looked at the websites for Run Gear Run, Fleet Feet, Roger Soler, Run Wild Sports, The Athlete's Foot, and a new one opening soon, Run On. In fitting for the correct shoe, I have noticed that most of the stores will watch you walk/run, but The Athlete's Foot has some computerized test. In your experience does one way seem to get a better fit than the other? I would assume the computerized one is better, but then again, maybe not.

Also out of those stores, is there one that seems to be more higher priced because of the name, or have snobby type of people working? I am about 40lbs overweight (was a lot more than that) and I don't want to be worried about the employee laughing at me behind my back. Although I really don't care, at the same time, I do.

Thanks for your input.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:39 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,827,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
I am reviving an old thread because I need to.

I have been walking for 3-4 miles Mon-Fri since the beginning of the school year and started running 3 weeks ago. Now that I know I am dedicated to this and am going to do my first 5K in October, I am ready to spend the money on some good running shoes. I have looked at the websites for Run Gear Run, Fleet Feet, Roger Soler, Run Wild Sports, The Athlete's Foot, and a new one opening soon, Run On. In fitting for the correct shoe, I have noticed that most of the stores will watch you walk/run, but The Athlete's Foot has some computerized test. In your experience does one way seem to get a better fit than the other? I would assume the computerized one is better, but then again, maybe not.

Also out of those stores, is there one that seems to be more higher priced because of the name, or have snobby type of people working? I am about 40lbs overweight (was a lot more than that) and I don't want to be worried about the employee laughing at me behind my back. Although I really don't care, at the same time, I do.

Thanks for your input.
Forget about what others may think of you...if you like the shoe and it fits, buy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio