Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:29 AM

554 posts, read 2,299,156 times

Advertisements

the Alamodome parking lots are usually blocked off if there's not an event there.

AT&T center sometimes has some of their lots open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 07:03 PM

142 posts, read 337,567 times
Any high school on a Sunday morning and maybe on Saturday too. Hih schools have BIG parking lots these days, but failing that Blossom is a good place and extremely large. Alamodome parking lot isn't bad either.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,083 times
I have another question (though still on topic):
I want to learn to drive manual but none of my friends drive stick (or at least they love their cars too much to have a driver other than them driving). I've been driving an automatic for a while now, and I kind of understand the mechanics and movements needed to drive manual. Also I am quite good at coordination! Please...

Are there any places in San Antonio that offer classes for learning to drive manual?

Last edited by LazyMegaMan; 05-22-2007 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Lovely spelling errors have been fixed!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,960,312 times
Blossom is a great place to start practicing, but I think it's important to give the road-ready new driver exposure to some of the real challenges of driving here, so they can experience it with parental guidance.

My kid went through driver's ed, but I wanted him to get more experience with traffic and highways than he got from those 8 hours, as well as getting him oriented so he wouldn't get lost easily. We started with a trip all the way around Loop 1604, followed by a trip all the way around Loop 410 when he was ready for that a few weeks later. There were parts of the 410 trip, especially in the NW corner and the east side construction area near Rittiman that are quite humbling for a new driver! It's a good trip to use to keep them from getting overconfident.

This week, we took 281 from 1604 on the north side to 1604 on the south side and back. It's on my to-do list to have him go the full length of I-10 and I-35 inside the loops, just so he can get familiar with the landmarks and understand how to navigate.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:09 PM

70 posts, read 439,805 times
Try the deep south San Antonio just out of 410 you get rural San Antonio which gives you a road all to yourself and the speed limit is 50 so it gives you a wide range of speed from slow to semi-fast for your kids to practice with out any traffic at all.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:20 PM

46 posts, read 178,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyMegaMan View Post
I have another question (though still on topic):
I want to learn to drive manual but none of my friends drive stick (or at least they love their cars too much to have a driver other than them driving). I've been driving an automatic for a while now, and I kind of understand the mechanics and movements needed to drive manual. Also I am quite good at coordination! Please...

Are there any places in San Antonio that offer classes for learning to drive manual?
probably not. every clutch is different in my words. (some will catch as soon as you start letting off the pedal, others wont catch until the pedal is almost entirely unpressed) the mechanics of driving are not though. i bought my first car without being able to drive it. i had friends test drive it for me and mechanics look at it and such. i had my friend teach me which only took an hour or so. i was sooo nervous my left foot was shaking badly on the clutch pedal. luckily i only stalled my car twice before i got the hang of it. but once you learn it, it will stick with you forever. not anyother way to learn. being stopped at a hill with a car 5inches behind still bothers me. driving in bumper to bumper traffic also sucks with a manual
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio