Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2007, 09:12 AM

188 posts, read 616,100 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! We're moving to SA from Colorado soon and I've been lurking, getting LOTS of good info from you all (y'all?). I'm excited to get to SA because everyone sounds friendly and the city sounds wonderful.

We're looking at the NE area - Encino Park, Pinon Creek, Mountain Lodge, etc. Will I regret it or...? Our price range is only around $260k so probably can't do Stone Oak or Sonterra or whatever.

Need a nice house, good schools, basically a neighborhood I will be proud of and enjoy. So all recommendations (specifically opinions about Pinon Creek and Encino Park areas) would be VERY welcome! THANKS!

I am afraid of the bugs, though... shouldn't have read the bugs in SA thread last night... nightmares....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 AM

554 posts, read 2,306,870 times
It's a good area, but traffic is horrendous.

Look on realtor.com for zip codes 78258 & 78259 if you're interested in that area. When my husband and I have looked here and there we've found that we're able to get much more house for our dollar by buying used. We have found many 4bed/3bath, approx 2500-3000 sq ft for around $250K.

For less traffic, but similar type neighborhoods, try the following zip codes: 78023, 78232, 78231.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:33 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times
momzillajen.. we just moved here from Nashville. Pinon Creek is nice because its off Evans road and Evans road has a stoplight at 281. Easy to get out in the morning. We currently live in some apts right at evans and 281. If we buy in zip 78259 it will be a house off evans road for traffic sake alone.. Also check out the subdivision Encino Ranch. for 260 you can find a great house. You can search the Mysanantonio.com website by subdivision.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:42 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Our daughter and son-in-law built a home in Pinon Creek in 2003...one of the first couple streets in the subdivision.

The love it enough that they have kept their home (and lease it out) while working on their PhD's in Ohio.

I think that you will find the schools excellent, as this was a major factor in their decision to keep the home to return to some day. They have also done nicely on the appreciation scale in the past few years.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:51 PM

443 posts, read 1,505,908 times
i agree with others, those area/housing you mentioned are quite good.. you wouldn't go wrong... and $260K will buy you a nice house even in stone oak if you know where to look... and yes, 78258 zip is one of the nicest area... this is where stoneoak/sonterra/greystone/pinnacle/promontory/rogers ranch/canyon golf/big springs/mountain lodge/vineyard/etc is located... so hop in... but don't say you were not warned of the traffic... hehe..., but if it will make you feel better, the other booming side of SA which is the northwest side has traffic problems too... as for me i'm still ok with the traffic in stoneoak cuz i travel after 8:30am so stoneoak traffic has died down significantly, and travel back home at 6pm and the traffic has died down as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: