Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 12:07 AM

417 posts, read 982,896 times

Advertisements

I'm laughing ...you guys are hysterical!! Well...I didn't get pics but I should have!!!! Spank me RD! lol

European Bistro was lovely...Elegeantly turned out. The food was great...I had a Ham Snitzel..the breading was not was I was used to(as far as Snitzel goes)..but all in all it was not bad...The potatoes..to me were disapointing but (Jager) mushroom gravy on the side...all over them made a big difference...Needless to say..the plate was empty and I didn't lick the plate Maybe I should have. The prices were moderate. Monica doesn't speak Hungarian but understands it..No habla lol So I don't speak nor understand Hungarian. We'd like to head back there and actually meet up with the owners.

The ride was nice..it took two hours to get there..we went 410-281-290-71...The town was a itty bitty one...like blink and its gone..we went into one of the local taverns and we said where's the shopping and they said..this is it... Where's the main..street..."this is it" Too funny they were hospitable and invited us for a brewsky but we had too much to do...

We stopped by San Marcos to window shop...Starbucks and a snack..then off to Graham Central Station and danced our butts off..to work off all that Hungarian/German cuisine...

All in all it was a loverly day..wish you all could have been there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 02:31 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
... a ham schnitzel???? What the heck is that?? a breaded, pan fried slice of ham??? Or ham stuffed piece of veal/pork, breaded and pan fried??
Where is the European Bistro?

Old 01-10-2010, 03:07 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
you asked a question and then almost immediately answered it..

Old 01-10-2010, 04:55 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,996,643 times
We were in Boerne earlier today and saw the Little Gretel restaurant. I looked them up on my new smart phone, and it seemed to be a little more fancy than we were looking for; but they do claim to have "The Best Schnitzel in Texas!" Well, that's a challenge I am willing to test; but some other time. They has have "authentic Czech Kolaches" and "the most delicious, European food in the Texas Hill Country." Has anyone tried this place and does it live up to its boasts?

Cheers! M2

p.s. Whoops, I guess we've talk about the Little Gretel before, but I still have yet to see a review of the place saying if it's as good as they claim!

p.p.s. OK, I guess there have been some reviews of the place, which were mixed but mainly positive...

Old 01-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
you asked a question and then almost immediately answered it..
Not at all.... those are still my questions:
1. was it breaded slice of ham?
2. or breaded pork/veal schnitzel stuffed with ham?
3. where is European Bistro?

Old 01-10-2010, 05:25 PM

417 posts, read 982,896 times
I was prepared almost like a cordon blu...It was ham slices layered with cheese and breaded. I opted it over the Jagersnitzel (a personal favorite of mine)...Was very yummy

I did get a side of Jager gravy to put over my potatoes.

Its north of Austin in "111 E Main St, Pflugerville, TX 78660" was posted by Mad..in post #3

We went via..281 ..290 and 71..was a nice relaxing drive...no traffic and was worth the drive.

I had my first taste of Hungarian wine.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiccaTX View Post

I had my first taste of Hungarian wine.
oh, Hungarian wines are great!! The white dessert wines like Tokaji Aszu ( watch the number of stars/puttonyos)
or dry red like Gal Tibor, Bull Blood are real excellent

Old 01-10-2010, 08:23 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Chicca that was very thoughtful of you!

Thing is, when I go to Hungary to meet up with my boyfriend I hope he doesn't take me on a two-hour drive for TexMex.

You didn't comment on her reaction to it, tho...or did I miss something?

Old 01-10-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Chicca that was very thoughtful of you!

Thing is, when I go to Hungary to meet up with my boyfriend I hope he doesn't take me on a two-hour drive for TexMex.

You didn't comment on her reaction to it, tho...or did I miss something?
Hahahahaha........ the only hope is that they don't have Tex-Mex there... yet!!

Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,996,643 times
Actually, there was a Tex-Mex restaurant called Texas in Sarajevo back in 1998 when I was there. I still have the business card for the place. As best I can recall, the food wasn't too bad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio