Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:57 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have or know where I can get a Queen's Wreath? My friend has it growing on her fence and it's perfect for what I'm needing (sort of a little natural privacy).......but I don't think you can use a cutting to get it going. I've looked at HD and Lowe's, but they are useless right now unless you need mums or a Christmas tree! I meant to swing by Rainbow Gardens over the weekend.......maybe I'll try this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 07:32 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Sorry just responding Camper!! Sure, keep them in till weather is warm enough. If they look like they need bigger pots move them into something a little bigger. Once they've sprouted let them see some sun in a window sill or such.
Thanks for the tip. Wonder what your neighbor feeds hers? I'm on the look out for seed pods now. Mine don't seem to have any but I know there are a bunch at Alamo ranch! shhhhhh

If they take off then I can swap in the spring...

Old 11-24-2009, 07:41 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,318 times
I'm definitely interested in swapping plants.

I have lots of stuff that I need to thin out anyhow.
I have these really strange shrimp plants that are as tall as me (are they supposed to get that tall???). I've never seen shrimp plants like these, they are coming up every where. I got tired of trying to save them and just mow them down now.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:58 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,137,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I'm definitely interested in swapping plants.

I have lots of stuff that I need to thin out anyhow.
I have these really strange shrimp plants that are as tall as me (are they supposed to get that tall???). I've never seen shrimp plants like these, they are coming up every where. I got tired of trying to save them and just mow them down now.
LoL!!! If your shrimp plants are out of control, wait until your 4 o'clocks get going!!! They are very invasive.........but pretty. They grow well in partial shade, or morning sun.

I've got Katie Petunias that are taking over also. It's like if you pull one up, a million take their place.

Oh, and I have tons of esperanza seeds, if anyone wants some!!!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
LoL!!! If your shrimp plants are out of control, wait until your 4 o'clocks get going!!! They are very invasive.........but pretty. They grow well in partial shade, or morning sun.

I've got Katie Petunias that are taking over also. It's like if you pull one up, a million take their place.

Oh yes, I have four o'clocks too. My neighbor told me to pull them up because they are just weeds. No way, they are pretty weeds and the deer won't eat them (but the cows LOVE them )

Never heard of Katie Petunias, are they annuals or perienials?

Old 11-24-2009, 08:21 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post

I want some seeds!!

Maybe I shouldn't do any swapping cuz i don't know half of what your talking about except the 4 o'clock s. I save my seeds every year. FYI, rabbits love them.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:35 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,137,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I want some seeds!!

Maybe I shouldn't do any swapping cuz i don't know half of what your talking about except the 4 o'clock s. I save my seeds every year. FYI, rabbits love them.
Let me run outside & get them!!! LoL!!! Maybe this week I can hunt you down at the park!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txtrkgrl
Never heard of Katie Petunias, are they annuals or perienials?
They're perrenials, they have compact clumpy ones, and tall lanky ugly ones. I have the tall, lanky ugly ones! The compacts don't spread like the ugly ones, and are verry pretty in a flower bed!!!

Last edited by Sweetie Pie; 11-24-2009 at 08:43 AM..

Old 11-24-2009, 02:47 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,818,808 times
I've saved bunches of Esperanza seeds a few times in a coffee can. I let them rot...just don't get round to do anything with them nowadays! I'd let the seed pods turn brown before picking them. Get 'em before they open though! Best thing is when you see some growing somewhere stop. Ask if you can have some seeds ..might even find a new plant buddy!!

Old 11-24-2009, 06:37 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
Do I know any of you? I'm into plants. Natives, herbs, butterfly plants, xeriscape stuff, others. Some people organize plant swaps twice a year, spring and fall. Anyone on Dave's Garden or GardenWeb?

Old 11-29-2009, 05:53 AM

417 posts, read 982,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Do I know any of you?
Do ya wanna?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio