Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:28 AM

679 posts, read 2,833,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Blonde View Post
TXD,
Neither my husband or I want a pool. I don't want the expense or responsibility of one. Besides there are 3 in our neighborhood complex. I think my husband secretly wants to put in a putting green.
The landscaping was a lot but we have a very large front yard since our house is set back around 100 feet. My builders were Charles & Cynthia Benjamin. He's a custom builder who lives in Boerne and builds mostly in the Fair Oaks Ranch area, but came over to the Smithson Valley/Canyon Lake area for us. I was able to keep a close eye on prices. I got triple bids on just about everything and came out 13K under budget which allowed me to pay for a lot of my landscaping.
Yes we are very cozy and enjoying life. My husband says his favorite part of the house is wherever he happens to be at the time.
Wow, you did good. I don't know if I would have the patience to be my own general contractor, but it sure would save a lot of money. Maybe I'll think about it. You're around the same area I will be building in. A little further east. Thanks for the names. I will put them on my list. I had a builder in mind, last year, but felt that I should look at several, before making my decision when the time comes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 12:35 AM

679 posts, read 2,833,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Jis wouldn't wanna do the same thing that even the Montelongo's use on all their flips...
HaHa...that's funny. I like granite. To me, concrete seems too cold. I know granite is cold, literally, but they have some beautiful, warm colors.
I would like the color that is a kind of beige or tan with swirls of color in it and a tinge of mauve. I know what color cabinets I want, but not sure of the name. I think it is natural or to be exact, about the color of a walnut shell. For some reason, I've never really liked wood floors.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:30 AM

138 posts, read 451,374 times
I would like to build a smaller home- I am currently in a 2,000ft2 home. I am wanting simple, clean lines, open inside. I can do what I want. What I still want, but do not have much control of, is: neighbors who keep their yards clean, neighbors who are nice/friendly. Cars that are put in the garage- not 3 in the drive or at the edge of the road. PLEASE- NO cars on the lawn!! Neighbors who have pets......at their own home- not running and SH*&^g on my lawn or attacking my dog, who is in my yard. No loud, drunk neighbors. Neighbors who keep up their house- it doesn't need to be a fancy place- just clean and well kept. Is this too much to ask? In every neighborhood in SA, I see trash, junk cars in the yard, old appliances, loose dogs roaming the streets. All I want, is to live in a safe, clean, simple, friendly neighborhood. What I want, is getting harder and harder to find..... I am not worried about my house- it is the neighbors....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio