Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:28 PM

679 posts, read 2,833,209 times

Advertisements

What would you like to see in it. I dream all the time about what I want in my new place. I want an open floor plan with a kitchen that opens onto a huge family room. In that family room I want one of those big ol fashioned fireplaces...the huge one you can almost stand up in. I want a large master suite with a bathroom that has a window in front of the tub so I can relax and look outside. I want lots of shade trees and a screened in porch so I can sit out at night and not be bitten by skeeters. I want to be more on the outskirts of SA in the rural area. What are your dreams? What do you see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2006, 07:09 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,648,843 times
IF I built one thing I would include would be a kitchen closet that had plugs(elec) in it for all the household gadgets (brooms,dustbusters etc) so I would not have to plug them in the garage cause I wanted them out of sight.
D

Old 07-20-2006, 02:29 PM

Another of my must haves is a large walk-in pantry, with deep shelves for pots and pans.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:47 AM

26 posts, read 93,743 times
Don't forget the front porch & back deck! Once saw an old defunked firestation that had been converted to a home. It seemed perfect. I think San Antonio could use more "warehouse"/loft homes such as those seen in the bigger cities. They are usually on the outskirts and would be perfect for starter homes or retiring couples.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:35 PM

Back deck is a definite. This is my partial list...if I get a second story.

- open floorplan
- one master bedroom and one mini master for guests
- two of the 4 bedrooms will connect to a jack and jill bath
- large laundry room with a sink, counter and cabinets
- walk-in closets in all bed rooms
- Tiled floors downstairs, with inlaid carpet sections
- carpeted floors upstairs...except for bathrooms
- A sitting loft upstairs where the elevator will open onto (Don't want to climb stairs)
- Large walkin pantry, with deep shelves
- hearth in the kitchen
- Lots of interior stacked stone in a beige and taupe color
- Master bedroom that opens onto a deck, with a screened in section for sitting at night
- Radiant flooring
- Solar heating/cooling
- 3 car garage is a must

I could go on and on, but I'm sleepy. What do you all want in your new homes?

Old 11-29-2007, 11:57 PM

925 posts, read 1,226,602 times

Or any other home in King William.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:33 AM

472 posts, read 1,792,051 times
Anyone see 50 Cents house on MTV Cribs? It has something like 5 kithchens in it. Thats the house I want.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:57 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Default my DREAM home

Since you're asking about our dream homes, here's what mine would include;

- Large master bedroom downstairs with a sitting area, and spa like master bath (large soaking tub is a must, fireplace adjacent to the tub would be a fabulous touch!), AND a small private laundry room
- 3 additional bedrooms downstairs, two of them with a jack & jill bathroom that are relatively close to the master (for my little girls) and one that's on the other side of the house w/ its own bathroom and apartment size stacking washer/dryer (for my teenage daughter!)
- 2 bedrooms upstairs, with a jack and jill bathroom/laundry room (for the smelly boys! )
- Areas upstairs for computer/homework/study, gaming, media (haven't exactly figured that part out)
- Large, but not obnoxiously so, kitchen ~ very modern, flat front cabinets, gas cooktop, dual electric built in ovens, two sinks (one prep, one cleaning), two dishwashers (or maybe 4 drawers, strategically placed), commercial size refrigerator and freezer, very large pantry). I do NOT want granite countertops, but not sure what I would want.
- Smallish breakfast area, or maybe even just some bar height area connected to the kitchen.
- Large dining area, accessed to the kitchen thru a walk-way/butlers pantry area. Wine closet/room near it also. Dining area would be family friendly, but also great for large dinner parties.
- Large family room with huge windows & doors that open to backyard.
- Office/study downstairs. Don't need or want a formal living room.
- Outdoor kitchen/living area. Pool &/or spa. VERY little grass that needs to be mowed! Landscape would be zeriscaped to the max. A large koi pond integrated into the whole thing would be fabulous! But I really would NOT want a large lot. Just enough.
- Probably a 4 car garage (as we'll soon be having more drivers) that's completely organized ~ including a great recycling area.
- And it would ALL be extremely energy efficient (obnoxiously so!! ), using green building technology to the max. And it all would be designed with ease of keeping it clean in mind (like "hatbox" toilets, no intricate mouldings/baseboards/groves/"6 panel" doors, all flat/solid surfaces, etc.)
- Architecture and interior designs would be very modern, minimalist. All bamboo floors downstairs (including kitchen), maybe even upstairs.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......yep, that's the dream!

Oh, and it would be in the heart of downtown!!

Old 12-01-2007, 02:12 AM

83 posts, read 235,437 times
an old apartment downtown at least 60 0r 70 years old and higher than ten floors!!!!!
just plain and simple and even a fixer upper would be nice!!!

Old 12-01-2007, 08:23 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
All of the items mentioned above are wonderful. However, my dream home would have one additional feature. It would be self-cleaning!! Hey, we're dreaming, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio