Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:18 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times

Advertisements

[quote=FCF's Wife;11442503]
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Well either way, whats done is done. that guy wasnt from around my 'hood', and what sucks about it, the people that did give out candy, got TP'ed and Paint balled. /quote]

Are you serious? What part of Westcreek is this? We had none of this in our area. Thought that stuff was a thing of the past.
Wynwood, by Macey Trail and that street that runs into the school (I forget the name of it) I know who might of done it, but I just dont want to point fingers, but I know they live around that intersection. They are also our Area taggers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 08:18 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
Kids don't need a trash bag full of candy. Few countries (besides Canada, Mexico) have such a festival of child obesity as we do. Parents should take away some of the candy from their children or at least make sure they eat it in moderation. Eating the whole trash bag full of candy in a week is destruction. The argument that "it's only one day out of the year" isn't a very good one. Yeah, one day out of the year... but it could possibly cut 10 years off their life because of obesity health problems. Fat creates more fat. By eating a trash bag full of candy, your stomach will expand big time and it will mess up your metabolism. Hence, the start of obesity within a child.

Anyways, I had a ton kids who weren't from my neighborhood trick or treat at my house. Way more than last year. I had no left over candy this year and I stocked up big time.

Apparently, lots of stale candy was given out this year. Buying candy from dollar stores isn't worth it.. the candy is usually stale.

A festival of child obesity? WTH? And yes, it IS one day out of the year. My son got a fair amount of candy, ate some of it last night, and the rest is put away. He isn't a big candy eater anyway.....and everything in moderation, as far as I'm concerned. I let him eat candy, call Child Protective Services!! Most kids just like the scary, fun part...the candy is a bonus and most kids know they are not going to be allowed carte blanche access to it.

Stale candy? If we're all such big pigs, how could the candy possibly get stale? No fat girl worth her salt would let candy go stale. Sour milk, moldy cheese, but stale candy??? Not gonna happen.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:24 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
A festival of child obesity? WTH? And yes, it IS one day out of the year. My son got a fair amount of candy, ate some of it last night, and the rest is put away. He isn't a big candy eater anyway.....and everything in moderation, as far as I'm concerned. I let him eat candy, call Child Protective Services!! Most kids just like the scary, fun part...the candy is a bonus and most kids know they are not going to be allowed carte blanche access to it.

Stale candy? If we're all such big pigs, how could the candy possibly get stale? No fat girl worth her salt would let candy go stale. Sour milk, moldy cheese, but stale candy??? Not gonna happen.
Milk never goes sour, it eventually turns into cottage cheese and Moldy cheese makes a delicious spicy quesadilla mmm... mmm...mmm... now I'm hungry.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:37 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,982,848 times
Quote:
A festival of child obesity?
Yes, do you like my metaphor?

Anyways, I'm glad your child is like that.. however I doubt most other kids aren't.

Quote:
I don't understand your joke..

Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
Yes, do you like my metaphor?

Anyways, I'm glad your child is like that.. however I doubt most other kids aren't.

I don't understand your joke..
I think you mean "I doubt most other kids are."

And my joke wasn't that funny, so that's OK. What I meant was, yes, the milk might sour, the cheese may get moldy, but the candy, no, the CANDY, would never go stale.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:43 PM

57 posts, read 310,138 times
IMO it's a bit trashy to load up your pickup and ride on down to the richer neighbourhoods to go trick-or-treating. I thought Halloween was just a tradition of going around your OWN neighbourhood, on foot, and receiving party-sized chocolate bars or a lollipop, NOT taking a trash-liner and sulking if you don't fill it to the brim!
Oh, and it was also my impression that trick-or-treating was for small children who still believe in witches and magic, NOT pizza-faced teenagers who make the huge effort to put a wizard's hat on and hope to make enough cash at the end of the night to buy a box of Doral and a 4 pack!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:15 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-Jane-Again View Post
IMO it's a bit trashy to load up your pickup and ride on down to the richer neighbourhoods to go trick-or-treating. I thought Halloween was just a tradition of going around your OWN neighbourhood, on foot, and receiving party-sized chocolate bars or a lollipop, NOT taking a trash-liner and sulking if you don't fill it to the brim!
Oh, and it was also my impression that trick-or-treating was for small children who still believe in witches and magic, NOT pizza-faced teenagers who make the huge effort to put a wizard's hat on and hope to make enough cash at the end of the night to buy a box of Doral and a 4 pack!
Ala! I didnt even know they sell four packs! And what neighborhood is this that gives out money instead of candy?!?! Orale, Imma take my kids there next year fo sho!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:34 PM

57 posts, read 310,138 times
*rolls eyes*

Old 11-04-2009, 11:15 AM

180 posts, read 793,857 times
We had Halloween over at my mom's house. We bagged 2 chocolates and a bag of Skittles for each bag (bought lots of candy using the $1/2 or $1/3 coupons at Wal-Mart too.) Also bought some Halloween rings and clappers for kids to pick out. I get there and my Mom has bags of potato chips too. The kids that came to her house were really lucky.

We left early as it was getting late for the baby and my 5 year old was getting tired too. As we were leaving,there were tons of cars of people dropping off tons of kids, just getting started. It was hard to get out of the neighborhood, it was that crazy. My Mom didn't mind. She was happy to give those kids candy, she feels like they must not live in a neighborhood that can give out good treats.

I feel like you should trick or treat in your own neighborhood or bring your treats to a relative is ok- you are still participating in giving. My DD went around and got some good treats but we felt it important she come back and hand out candy so she can see it is not just a get but a give opportunity, and there is a lot of fun in seeing everyone else's costume and giving.

And one last thing: We told my DD that a lot of her candy would not be good for her to eat so we would have to take it away (my co-workers are enjoying them now) but we bought her a small toy as her "Halloween Surprise." She was very happy with the trade but she is only 5.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:40 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times
[quote=svg210;11442555]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCF's Wife View Post

Wynwood, by Macey Trail and that street that runs into the school (I forget the name of it) I know who might of done it, but I just dont want to point fingers, but I know they live around that intersection. They are also our Area taggers.
This is off subject but why would you not want to report those that are damaging Westcreek. I have no problem calling BCSD for assistance. No one has to give their name when they report a crime. How would anyone know it was you anyway?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio