Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 05:03 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
It is a fun place...rentals are $10 (I think, own our own weapons) and the normal range fee is $8...but that would be cheaper of course for the "ladies night" with no fee and rental of 1/2 off. The only thing you would need is your ammo, and if you are like me on Sat...I spent an extra $2 on the life size Osama Bin Laden target they had along with our normal target! It was WELL worth the $2!
Sounds like an awesome deal. You must buy their ammo if you rent their guns. I can't make it, have a dinner for another club that my daughter got accepted into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
Quote:
Count us in...reservations for 2! Camper1, you coming along...we can lend you a gun or two. Anyone else???
Which way to the bullet store!! Count us in!

Seriously, we would love to come. Don't know if I will actually shoot, but Hubby said he would like to shoot something. If I can't bring my bbgun( ha ha) we would need to either borrow or rent.

Now, is this like..outside...after dark shooting.. at things you cant see all that well...and do they sell beer?? ha ha ha ha

Tell me what kind of bullets ( amo??) to buy and where.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:37 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Which way to the bullet store!! Count us in!

Seriously, we would love to come. Don't know if I will actually shoot, but Hubby said he would like to shoot something. If I can't bring my bbgun( ha ha) we would need to either borrow or rent.

Now, is this like..outside...after dark shooting.. at things you cant see all that well...and do they sell beer?? ha ha ha ha

Tell me what kind of bullets ( amo??) to buy and where.
LOL....YES it is outside and NO need to worry, they have lots of lighting...like a football stadium lighting.

I have ammo and everything you will need...just come on along and meet us there. You know where it is?? If not, google it and get the directions...really easy to get to!!!

Old 01-20-2009, 05:37 PM

77 posts, read 221,464 times
I'm in. I'll bring my XD and Sig. Anyone is welcome to shoot them, just have to pay for your own ammo!

I frequent Bracken as well, though the cost adds up quickly when you bring multiple guns.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:44 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
I'll only be bringing the 22's...so at $13.54 for 550 at Walmart...I can afford to be a nice guy and provide a little ammo for Camper1 and DH!

PS....no beer....but we can ALWAYS do margaritas afterwards at TC! They have a little "happy hour" special according to their sign...just don't remember the hours.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
LOL....YES it is outside and NO need to worry, they have lots of lighting...like a football stadium lighting.

I have ammo and everything you will need...just come on along and meet us there. You know where it is?? If not, google it and get the directions...really easy to get to!!!
Thanks!! Yes, we know where it it. Tuesday the 27th at 6 PM, right? See ya there!

Old 01-20-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc hokie View Post
I'm in. I'll bring my XD and Sig. Anyone is welcome to shoot them, just have to pay for your own ammo!

I frequent Bracken as well, though the cost adds up quickly when you bring multiple guns.
I may be in to deep here. I don't even know what those are!!

Old 01-20-2009, 06:36 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Wow, cool! Looks like we're having a M&G at the Bullethole next week!

They do sell ammo there, but it is much cheaper at WalMart. Most of my guns are .45 ACP (Auto) if anyone wants to buy some ammo. I will also bring my .28 Special revolver as it is easier to shoot.

I will probably bring a hundred or so rounds, and if anyone wants to shoot only a few, it's no problem. But if you want to shoot a full magazine (13 for my XD, 7 in my 1911s) or more, I would be grateful if a few of you could go into together on a box of ammo. 50 rounds is like $15 or so...

If anyone does get ammo at WalMart, just buy the Winchester White Box, it not only is the cheapest but it is pretty good range ammo.

Also, it is best to bring a baseball cap or a higher-collared shirt (in other words, no tank tops). Ejected brass can sometimes find its way down the front of your shirt and it will burn. Not the best situation when you are holding a loaded weapon! Bring your own eye and hearing protection if you have it, if not don't worry as they have some to loan (for free). Some folks wear foam ear plugs, some wear the larger "Mickey Mouse" style headsets. Glasses can be clear or tinted, although since it will be later in the evening it might be better not to wear too dark of tint. The don't have to be fancy or hi-impact, once again they are mainly to keep the brass out of your eyes.

Lastly, bring your camera as this will be an event in need of capturing! But no laughing at my legs, no matter how funny they look in shorts!

Any questions, DM me...

Cheers! M2

Old 01-20-2009, 06:39 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I may be in to deep here. I don't even know what those are!!
They are just two different brands of pistols. The XD is made by Springfield Armory and is one of the best selling semi-automatic pistols being sold today (semi-auto means the ammo is fed through a magazine, as compared to a revolver where the bullets spin in a cylinder). I have an XD in .45 and love it!

The "Sig" is a Sig-Sauer, the US representative of the Swiss/German manufacturing firm Swiss Arms AG.

Both are very nice guns and they only thing you have to know and remember at the range are the safety rules! Everything else you can Google afterward!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-21-2009, 05:47 PM

25 posts, read 80,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
The Bullethole off of 90 West (take Grosenbacher past 1604, their address is 2715 Grosenbacher Rd.) is a good place to shoot. They've got pistol ranges of 7-15-25 yards. It's only something like $7 to shoot, but you have to pay an extra $2 or so the first time to get a card. It is one of the most reasonable places to shoot, we go there all the time. It's open 7 days a week from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.

If you are a first time handgun owner and would like someone to go out with you to show you how to safely handle the weapon, DM me and maybe we can set up a time to meet out there. I am a strong advocate of firearm safety, and have had lots of safety training in the military!

So, what'd ya buy?

Cheers! M2
Glock 22 .40 S&W

It sounds like the bullethole is the place to be! I'll try it out.

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions!!! I Really appreciate it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio