Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 07:59 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
The last Glock 42 I saw at the Saxet show was going for $525. Academy says 429 when they get them. Cabela's at 449. GT Distributors at 399.

So if you want to wait - these are reference prices for the show.
I use the SlickGuns app to compare gun show prices with what I can find things for online, I will pay more for the chance to inspect the firearm and take it home that day versus waiting for it to transfer through an FFL; but not too much more.

There are some vendors that are competitively priced, and private sales can be even cheaper if you find them; but the biggest advantage of going to these shows is that you get the opportunity to view and compare thousands of guns versus the limited supply that Academy or some of the better local stores and shops carry. You can also compare prices amongst several vendors without having to drive from one location to the other...

Lastly, where else can you see over 800 tables of firearms and gun-related items in one place? It's well worth the price of entry for a few hours of pure enjoyment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 01:31 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,231 times
Oh, I truly agree. It pains me to see someone suckered at a gun shop with some good ol' boy HAR, HAR and belly jiggle when they could save a good buck. Some gun shops are more expensive but have good service. Some in town are arrogant ....

For instance, at the show a 4th Gen Glock 17 was 539 which was as good as online and at GT. The big box stores and LGS are significantly more. I have scored some nice used revolvers at Dury's.

But there are some stores I wouldn't give a bagel for in terms of attitude.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:55 AM

135 posts, read 191,557 times
Yeah what's up with attitude here In This city? When I was younger just figured I wasn't their "type" I get treated like they don't want to sell me a gun, then I realized they treat everyone like that! I haven't bought a gun or amo locally In Years because of the attitude. Even at the gun show I avoid most local gun vendors, some are really nice and offer great knowledge but most leave a lot to be desired.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:12 AM

172 posts, read 238,527 times
There are some great local stores here in this city and then some really bad ones. Dury's I think has been in business so long even with their higher than average pricing simply because when you walk into that store they treat you fantastic. I think they are probably on average about 10% more than a lot of stores, but for the customer service you get their I see why they can do it.

Onto the gun show tomorrow, I am excited to go, but also worried, I've been to Saxet and Liberty shows and have found that the Saxet shows seem to be cheaper and have better stuff. However, I still hope to find a 9mm Kel-Tec Sub 2000 for around $500 at Premier, it's my unicorn firearm that I can't find anywhere but double the MSRP. I did see a .40 version at Saxet for the right price a few weeks back, but I want the 9mm.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:36 PM

Everything's still on for the gun show tomorrow, hope to see a lot of folks there!

Cheers! M2

Old 03-22-2014, 03:00 PM

We had a nice crowd for breakfast and the show was good as well. For some reason it seemed like there were either new vendors or at least different goods available, as while we normally get through everything in about two hours, this time it took three!

My buddy bought a nice FN .45 pistol and another bought an AR lower; but I am not sure if anyone else from breakfast got anything as we all went in different directions once we got through the door. I also have a line on something I am interested in, but the details will have to remain "classified" until such time as the deal is done as I don't want to jeopardize the transaction!

The great news is that more dates have been announced for 2014! The remaining Premier San Antonio Gun Shows will be:

31 May and 1 June
19 & 20 July
30 & 31 August
18 & 19 October

Plus there will be a show in December, but the dates are still to be determined!

So mark your calendar and tell your friends! This is the best show in the area, and one you definitely don't want to miss! If you want a reminder for these upcoming shows, subscribe to this thread and I'll post up a few times beforehand to remind everyone!

Cheers! M2

Old 03-22-2014, 08:29 PM

172 posts, read 238,527 times
I will say this show had the best prices on guns out of the ones I've been to. Ammo was not as good as what ive found at liberty or saxet. That said I will definitely go again in the future.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:26 PM

Just one last reminder that the Premier San Antonio Gun Show is this weekend, 31 May – 1 June. It’s going to be another great show, and hopefully we’ll see everyone there!

Cheers! M2

Old 05-31-2014, 03:24 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,801 times
I went today, the show was crammed into the "side room" and much smaller than usual.

I like the Premier show but it seems to be shrinking.

On another note, prices are getting reasonable on a lot of things. Ammo is still high.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:59 PM

The show was moved to the other hall because there are a bunch of media vans for the Spurs' playoff games parked in the hall the show is normally held in. It will be back in the bigger hall in July.

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio