Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2010, 07:09 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

Screwed up above and it's too late to edit. That should be Beretta Bobcat (.22LR and .25) and Tomcat in .32.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 11:16 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Sorry RD, I just saw your posts and I just got back from the show. No guns for me today, just a cool flashlight.

It was still crowded but less so than last month. Parking was still a pain...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-03-2010, 01:14 PM

We drove by today and the amount of wasted space was obscene. Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Bo; 04-07-2010 at 03:42 PM..

Old 04-03-2010, 01:57 PM

Yeah, we noticed that on the way out. A huge section of the parking lot was cordoned off; but there wasn't a car in sight. This is getting to be a real irritant, and I don't see what gives the church a right to do this unless it is stipulated in their contract with the property owners.

It did seem like attendance was down as compared to the previous month, but it was still pretty crowded. We still enjoy going, and will continue to do so...

Old 04-16-2010, 11:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,824 times
Default alamo ammo

We keep ammo back in the office as we are next to a bank and its abit odd having shelves full of ammo in plain site next to a bank.We have a computer screen out front and we can bring ammo out to the counter.We have a fullline of fmj and jhp,soft point and hollow points.We do 2 or 3 gunshows ea week but still have plenty of ammo in store.I am not hear to try and pump up our buis just to try and explain.We opened as a ticket service going on 20 years.If you see us at the local gunshows Saxet and also Texas gun shows in live oak you will be able to see the ammo we carry it is an extensive array.We hand out cards and tell folks were we are.We sell mostly at gunshows all over texas we just got back from Tulsa Wannamaker we did very well their.We try and keep prices at same level as Bass and Academy even lower most of the time.The exception is the 380 ammo we have the most extensive selection anywere to be found but prices abit high.Some ammo we can discount 8 percent such as the 45 winchester 100 count online it is higher but for the locals we can sell for $43.75 online it is higher.
I hope this can clear up any misconfusion I will look back to see if I can be of any more help.
Please try and look at all our selection and not just the 380 to complain.We have the 9mm,40 cal,38 specail lots of 7.62x39 all brands,7.62x54r 440 rnd cans,20 rnd boxes of bear,and also winch fmj and soft point at very fair prices.
THANKS MARK

Old 04-16-2010, 11:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
RD

Here's the scoop on Alamo Ammo. I had a chance to drop by there on my way home from my doctor's appointment, and it was a little hard to find as the store at that address is actually Alamo Tickets! So I went in and asked, and indeed it is also Alamo Ammo...there just aren't any signs to indicate it! Just for future reference, they are on the left side of NW Military as you are heading north, right at the West Avenue intersection. It is right next to the Bank of America.

Anyhow, I asked about 7.62x54R and they only had 20-round boxes on hand. I asked if they were at the SAXET show last weekend and the guy confirmed it was them, which is why they didn't have any ammo. The majority of their stock is "on the road" at the various shows in the area. Right now it is on its way to Dallas. As such, the guy recommended stopping by during the week, when they keep it in the store.

As for Wayne at Ho Guns, he is a really nice guy. Retired Air Force as well. I know he and Gary are good friends and Wayne is active with the River City Shooters down at Blackhawk Range. I went to one of their IDPA matches about a year ago with Dave G. (who also knew Wayne pretty well). It was really enjoyable and something you ought to look into, nice you shoot scenario-based settings it'll ruin you for standing at the range killing "paper threats!"

By the way, did you happen to notice if Wayne had any milsurp firearms in stock?

Also, I gotta ask, since it is closer to where you live, have you gone back to that new place on Potranco? We drove by it the other day and the doors were open. It was busy but it still didn't look like they had much in there. It's too far in the opposite direction from me to make a special trip.

Cheers! M2
We have 440 rnd sealed spam cans Bulgarian $99.00.Or $190.00 for 880 wooden case.We can brake down the cans and sell 20 rnds as well.We also have 20 rnd soft point as well as fmj bear.Also 20 rnd winchester fmj $17.99 and soft point $18.99.Our prices are great on all this stuff.We compete with other large vendors across texas. The local ammo places cant begin to touch us on the variety and price we own this line of ammo.All this ammo is at office.
THANKS MARK

Old 04-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
FYI, the previous two posts were reported as advertising. Since they were replies and in some cases, corrections to earlier posts in the thread about the business, they are within the rules.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:13 PM

Was just at the Bullet Hole trying to pick up my latest purchase and noticed someone else bought the exact same thing from the same store and had it shipped there as well. Polish P64 9x18 Makarov Double Action Walther PPK style. Very good condition
They got to pick theirs up, though, and I have to wait an extra day because the owner did not open the package yet and as she is the FFL, she is the only one that can open it and account for it.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 PM

In case you haven't already made plans to go, this coming weekend (1-2 May) is the big monthly SAXET gun show at the SA Event Center (410 and Marbach, a.k.a. 8111 Meadow Leaf).

It's at the usual times (Sat. 9am - 6pm and Sun. 9am - 5pm), and get there early to avoid the parking headaches...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-29-2010, 06:34 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
hmmmm...between the new Kimber an' the left-handed Randall (B-111), I think it's gonna be safer for me to stay away this month....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio