Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 05:38 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,513 times

Advertisements

There's a gun store that I just noticed on Old Blanco - Blanco to Old Blanco. It's the right turn to Borgfeld. Pattern Guns?

Experiences anyone?

Saw the Gun Shack folks at a match - seemed nice for what that's worth.

Used to be that most gun stuff was towards SA center. Nagel's and Dury's but stuff is showing up in the N and NW now.

There was a gun store on the SW corner of DeZavala and I-10 - where the Twin Peaks is. But they had much gun store commando attitude - bye, bye. Just like that indoor on Heath off Grissom. Clown Business College grads and folded.

New range on I-10 in SE, Nadris - seems to be run by a steel champion. Don't know if the range is open, yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 03:41 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
The Premier San Antonio Gun and Texas Hunting and Outdoor Classic Shows is this weekend, 15-16 September!!

This will be a big one, not only will there be the usual 1000+ tables of the usual variety; but this show will be combined with the Texas Hunting and Outdoor Classic show! Tickets will be just $10 and will get you into both shows!

It's at the usual location (Exposition Hall at the Freeman, 3201 East Houston Street, San Antonio, Texas 78219), the same hours (Saturday 9 am – 6 pm, Sunday 10 am – 5 pm) and parking will still be five bucks; but in addition to the usual vendors and goods there will be Los Cazadores 2011 Buck Trophy entries, an ATV test track, a 3-D pop-up archery range, turkey and predator calling, and the Texas Jump Off Dock Diving Competition!

More info at San Antonio Gun Show

Cheers! M2

Old 09-14-2012, 08:19 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Ah'll be there working the Friends of NRA "Wall of Guns" - always a hoot!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:54 AM

Default SA Gun Shows in October

Well, I'm getting lazy so I'm just going to post once about the two big gun shows in SA in October!

First is the regular monthly SAXET show the weekend of 6-7 Oct at the SA Event Center (410 and Marbach, or specifically 8111 Meadow Leaf 78227).

The other is the bigger/better Premier Gun Show at the Freeman Coliseum Expo Center next to the AT&T Center on Houston Street the weekend of 13-14 Oct.

This might be one of the last chances to find deals on guns, ammo and accessories before the November presidential election. Don't be that person wishing they had gone because prices have jumped through the roof and selection has dropped through the floor like it did in 2008!

Cheers! M2

Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 AM

Yes, remember that Willard said that assault rifles were evil and only for killing. He supported the AWB.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Well, I'm getting lazy so I'm just going to post once about the two big gun shows in SA in October!

The other is the bigger/better Premier Gun Show at the Freeman Coliseum Expo Center next to the AT&T Center on Houston Street the weekend of 13-14 Oct.

This might be one of the last chances to find deals on guns, ammo and accessories before the November presidential election. Don't be that person wishing they had gone because prices have jumped through the roof and selection has dropped through the floor like it did in 2008!

Cheers! M2
Just a friendly reminder about this weekend's show, this is the best one in the area and there won't be another until December (for Christmas shopping, of course! ).

Cheers! M2

Old 10-13-2012, 05:00 PM

Nice shows - lot of fun things. Saw my first Chiappa revolver. Weird gun. Lots of ARs. No shortage or panic. Some of those Turkish made CZ-75 clones for 290 ish were tempting but I've got enough 9mm.

Saw Seecamps for 350 - remember them for 800? Haha.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:17 PM

Attendance was kinda light when it opened, it seemed to pick up some as the morning wore on but I was surprised as I honestly expected a large crowd at this show.

I guess with a SAXET show just last weekend, and the last Premier show being about a month ago, people might be a bit "showed out." Still, while we didn't pick anything up, as usual we had a fun couple of hours just walking around, looking at things and talking with some nice folks! Ya just can't beat that!

Cheers! M2

Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 AM

The last SAXET gun show before election day is this coming weekend, 3-4 November.

Honestly, attendance at these local shows has not been as chaotic as one might expect (as it was in 2008). Also, prices of firearms and/or ammo--while climbing--still haven't gone ballistic as they did prior to the last election. I don't know what kind of indicator that may be, or if it will remain; but it never hurts to abide by the old saying "Buy it cheap, stack it deep!"

Show hours are Sat. 9am - 6pm and Sun. 9am - 5pm, entry is $5/person and parking is $3. The venue (The San Antonio Events Center) is located at 8111 Meadow Leaf (basically Marbach and 410 behind the IHOP, map).

Cheers! M2

Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 PM

The Premier San Antonio Gun Show is this upcoming weekend, 8-9 December at the Freeman Coliseum Expo Hall, right next to the AT&T Center at 3201 East Houston Street (map)

This is the best show in the area, with over 1000 tables and vendors from all over Texas and beyond!

Hours are Saturday 9 am – 5 pm and Sunday 10 am – 4 pm, admission is $8 (cash only) but if you subscribe to their Facebook page they sometimes give out a "secret word" worth a dollar off admission! Or you can subscribe to their newsletter to receive a printable dollar off coupon.

Public parking is $5 per vehicle.

This is always a great show and the best opportunity to buy yourself those "special" Christmas presents that might now show up under the tree on their own!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio