Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:40 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,063,431 times

Advertisements

Is anyone attending the auto & truck show this year?

Do you have a fave vehicle on the showroom floor?

No spats on which make is good or not so good, we all have our preferences.

I'd like to see the re-designed Prius and I like to see the luxury cars I hope to own someday.

If you are attending, look in the Weekender for some coupons for admissions and free parking at Alamodome/shuttle services!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,946,932 times
Wouldn't miss it! It's a family tradition for me and my sons. Our favorite is anything that's unlocked.

Before you go, get your coupons for $1 off admission and free Alamodome parking (with a shuttle ride) in the Express-News or at The San Antonio Auto & Truck Show

Old 11-06-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Wouldn't miss it! It's a family tradition for me and my sons. Our favorite is anything that's unlocked.

Before you go, get your coupons for $1 off admission and free Alamodome parking (with a shuttle ride) in the Express-News or at The San Antonio Auto & Truck Show
Me too! I've gone every year since I was 14 and that's about 14 years. Whoa!

Old 11-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Forgot to mention this tip regarding the coupons. Take as many coupons as you have people in your group attending. They accept multiples and each coupon is good for a discount on just one admission.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Forgot to mention this tip regarding the coupons. Take as many coupons as you have people in your group attending. They accept multiples and each coupon is good for a discount on just one admission.
Got it! Thanks!

Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,802,344 times
The last few shows have left bad tastes in my mouth, so I think unless things change considerably for 2009, I'm sitting this one out.

The didn't feature BMW or a number of other luxe brands. It also seems like the concept contingent is little-to-none. Growing up in Chicago and seeing one of the largest auto shows in the world year-after-year spoiled me. I had the chance to see Tokyo's show this past year and it was, in all senses of the word, incredible. Truly an entire production.

BN

Old 11-06-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
The last few shows have left bad tastes in my mouth, so I think unless things change considerably for 2009, I'm sitting this one out.
I see your point.

The last few years haven't been great ones for the automakers. I noticed that the displays in '08 were scaled back considerably from '07 and '06. Even Scion, which usually has the splashiest display, was lackluster last year. We probably won't see a spectacular local show again without a significant upturn in vehicle sales.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:38 PM

81 posts, read 187,814 times
I feel the same way, I attended the one last year and was so disapointed there were no real luxury vehicles, i thought it would be like the one in Los Angeles which I attended for on a regular basis. The one here in San Antonio had only mercedes and rovers as their top vehicles there were no lambos or ferraris if you know what I mean. if you settle for just the ordinary vehicles then this even is just fine. I don't mean to sound so obnoxious but when you hear the words "Auto Show", you expect to see more.
Quote:

The didn't feature BMW or a number of other luxe brands. It also seems like the concept contingent is little-to-none. Growing up in Chicago and seeing one of the largest auto shows in the world year-after-year spoiled me. I had the chance to see Tokyo's show this past year and it was, in all senses of the word, incredible. Truly an entire production.

BN

Old 11-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:

BN
Luck you (regarding the Tokyo trip)!
This is the only car & truck show I will be able to see for a while (it's like eating a very small snack at dinner time and had no lunch) until I get the honor to visit a truly international car and truck show with concepts on display and all!

Old 11-07-2009, 11:13 AM

810 posts, read 1,418,431 times
I am looking forward to seeing the new 2010 Audi S4 and the Auto Show’s website needs a makeover; It looks like some 12-year old did it.

I think one of the reasons the SA auto show does not have the higher end luxury cars is because of the market here. If there are not that many potential luxury car buyers here in town, why would a dealer bring their cars in and let them get scratched up? And the same time, it was sad that BMW was not even represented there last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio