Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:44 AM

152 posts, read 412,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzys View Post
Any other suggestions?
There will be a pretty good show taking place at Gruene Hall NYE if that is your thing. Not SA, but close enough maybe. We thought about going ourselves, but decided not to.

edit: Gruene also has some cool B&B's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 11:48 AM

81 posts, read 218,381 times
I do like Gruene Hall but I'm not sure about driving 45 miles in the middle of the night after drinking. I'm trying to avoid any driving on our part.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:00 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
Quote:
Wow. Come on here looking for suggestions and get rudeness. Thanks a bunch FCF wife!

I don't like to be cold and miserable. I am the person who wears a sweater year round. Not interested in camping in the winter, but thanks anyway. Any other suggestions?

Thanks CR1039. The $400 included dinner, party, champagne toast, and room for a couple. Not breakfast, and I can't remember if it included parking. It is a pretty good deal, but we don't know many people who can spend that kind of money on one evening. So if we did it again, it would likely be just us. We were looking for a group outing.

Pat O's is fun, but again, anything downtown involves a problem with transportation. How much did a private driver cost you? Did he just sit around and wait for you all evening?
Well our group of 5 ppl split the driver with the original 2 couples that hired him for the evening. So he took them to dinner and then picked us up and dropped us off. Then picked them up from dinner to location #2 and it went on like that for the evening. He was their regular driver though for airport transfers/night out/ etc. and I don't remember what it cost on our side, but I just remember thinking that it was certainly worth it.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:01 PM

152 posts, read 412,457 times
Quote:
I'm trying to avoid any driving on our part.
That's cool and very responsible. I included the B&B idea thinking that maybe you and your friends could crash there, and not have to drive. They have a few which are very close to Gruene Hall. They may be booked though. Not sure.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:10 PM

81 posts, read 218,381 times
I may look into the driver thing then. We also have a regular driver for airport transfers so maybe he would give us a good deal. He can only fit 4 or 5 people, though, but we may only have that many... not sure.

B&B's are fun, but I'm thinking they may be booked already. Also it's hard to get a group of people to agree on things like that (overnight stays, out of town trips, etc.) If it was just us (a couple) it would be much easier, but there are about 6-8 of us, and I usually get stuck with planning most things for our group of friends. I enjoy it, but sometimes a pain trying to come up with something fun and original that will please everyone. However, if I don't do it, everyone will just sit at home, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio