Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:58 PM

57 posts, read 104,370 times

Advertisements

welcome to San Antonio!

I can help with a few things...

General Practitioner- I found the ABSOLUTE best not quite a year ago. He is the ONLY doctor I've EVER had that will sit and ACTUALLY LISTEN to what is going on with you!

He is at NorthHills Family Medicine- Dr. Dean Earp
About Us | North Hills

For dentist, I recommend
Stanton F Waggoner, DDS - General Dentist
13499 Wetmore Rd

San Antonio, TX 78247
Ph: 210-490-7772

San Antonio Dentist Reviews: Dr. Stanton Waggoner, DDS. Dr. Waggoner, Dentist 78247. 26 February 2010

Allergist- Dr. Theodore Freeman is AMAZING!
Home

I go to Spa D'Sante
spa d'sante :: The Spa For Good Health
and have even gone to the Massage School that Spa D'Sante owns
Academy for Massage - The Day Spa

I hope all this info helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 12:59 AM

161 posts, read 488,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catovagirl View Post
Hi! I'm a thirtysomething African American woman who is moving to San Antonio, TX in three weeks. I'd appreciate your advice as I prepare for my relocation. I need referrals for:

1. A stylist who is timely, can safely cut/color/relax hair, works in a professional shop, and provides great customer serivice.

2. A manicurist, massage therapist, aesthetician, and an eye brow waxer.

3. A certified Mazda mechanic.

4. A primary care physician, dentist, orthodontist, allergist, neurologist and a dermatologist.

5. A strong Bible based teaching ministry with a multi-ethnic congregation.

Thanks and God Bless!
Welcome to San Antonio!

As a relativley new resident myself, I can understand your concerns.

I can't offer hair stylist info either since I relax my own hair (real bad experience years ago )

No manicurist info since I type alot & dig in garden dirt. As long as I mow my unibrow 1x every 2 wks my husband can deal w/me .

No Mazda info yet (old Nissan still going).

MacGregor Medical Center on Fredericksburg--internal medicine and family practice. So far, so good. You can google their website for more info.

You said congregation--not sure if you mean jewish or christian church (can't help you with the latter.)

Again, welcome and the best to you in your new home!

Old 02-28-2010, 08:52 AM

7 posts, read 25,622 times
Just to answer your question about haircare. I can just give you advice about location. The majority of black hair stylist are going to be located on Northeast side of San Antonio, on Walzem, FM 78, W.W White Road, etc... Black hair care beauty supplies stores are also located in this area. I hope this helps

Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 PM

16 posts, read 25,569 times
I've experienced the Holy Spirit moving freely in the Oasis Church at 8500 Bandera rd near Guilbeau.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio