Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:44 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times

Advertisements

OMG...Kev...you are so right about flipping being boring. Several of those shows that deal with flipping don't show the really tedious and non-dramatic stuff that goes on.....starting with standing in line to get a contractors permit at city hall!

Interesting what you know about him. I've never understood these people that are willing to get on a "reality" type show and portray themselves as something they aren't. I couldn't imagine you, as a professional getting on a show and portraying an unscrupulous Realtor. It's one thing if it's just acting, but he's in the business. Why would he want to cast a bad light on himself and jeopardize his professional image?

Thanks for the "other image" of Armando". lol....it will take a while for me to adjust to the "enlightenment".

Lemonfresh....are you sure he's from SA? OK...so nothing on that show is real? LOL.....he says at the beginning that they "came to SA" from somewhere. Maybe he moved away and came back? Fairy tales????

Old 11-30-2009, 03:58 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
OMG...Kev...you are so right about flipping being boring. Several of those shows that deal with flipping don't show the really tedious and non-dramatic stuff that goes on.....starting with standing in line to get a contractors permit at city hall!

Interesting what you know about him. I've never understood these people that are willing to get on a "reality" type show and portray themselves as something they aren't. I couldn't imagine you, as a professional getting on a show and portraying an unscrupulous Realtor. It's one thing if it's just acting, but he's in the business. Why would he want to cast a bad light on himself and jeopardize his professional image?

Thanks for the "other image" of Armando". lol....it will take a while for me to adjust to the "enlightenment".

Lemonfresh....are you sure he's from SA? OK...so nothing on that show is real? LOL.....he says at the beginning that they "came to SA" from somewhere. Maybe he moved away and came back? Fairy tales????
I think it all depends on what your goal is. Me...if I were to be on a show, it would be "about" what I do. Not turning it into an entertainment piece (and it would probably be boring). I'm sure that the producers spoke to them and told him what they needed. He's done quite a good job parlaying it into many other business opportunities. Flipping homes isn't really what they do anymore. At least not as their main income stream. He's created this persona and it's been marketed well, as evidenced by the fact there's a random CD message board about him It's like the annoying commercial that everyone complains about, but also remembers the product that they were selling. It's effective.

An investor can afford to be a little more risque in the way they portray themselves, as they don't really have to work with the public. I have to be "somewhat" likable and easy to work with because I'm in the job of helping people. Not remodeling homes. Just a different clientele.

I look at the idiots on Million Dollar Listing and see the same thing. I can't believe they'd do that to their reputation, ESPECIALLY because that show will dry up and they'll have to go back to real estate full time, unless they can parlay it into something else and just want to be entertainers. THOSE guys are morons.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:53 PM

14 posts, read 23,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I look at the idiots on Million Dollar Listing and see the same thing. I can't believe they'd do that to their reputation, ESPECIALLY because that show will dry up and they'll have to go back to real estate full time, unless they can parlay it into something else and just want to be entertainers. THOSE guys are morons.
I love that show hahaha. It's on tonight and i can not wait!!!! The one guy with the focusing problem is hilarious. I can't believe that guy could sell a bicycle but to me it is a very entertaining show.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMike77 View Post
I love that show hahaha. It's on tonight and i can not wait!!!! The one guy with the focusing problem is hilarious. I can't believe that guy could sell a bicycle but to me it is a very entertaining show.
If I walked into my clients' homes with a haircut like that, they'd punch me. And rightfully so.

Those fools are trainwrecks!

Old 11-30-2009, 05:21 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Yeah, he moved to Cali. He and his wife went broke, they moved in with her parents, he then decided to come back to SA and work for his Dad's real estate company.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:55 PM

98 posts, read 122,847 times
I thought he went to work for his dad's lumber company, then went into real estate. Either way...the guy comes across as an arrogant a-hole and I stopped watching the show after the brother left. David made the show tolerable.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:01 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,390 times
Hey...how can a show about flipping SA houses be boring when they remodel homes on the west side? The Montelongo's came in the next day and the house fixtures were stolen! Puro San Antonio!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:14 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
Quote:
If I walked into my clients' homes with a haircut like that, they'd punch me. And rightfully so.
But you DO walk in with "the hat".

Old 11-30-2009, 07:22 PM

Yeah I do!

Old 11-30-2009, 07:36 PM

14 posts, read 23,183 times
Quote:

Those fools are trainwrecks!
So you are saying you wouldn't pay $600 for a haircut??

Will you be bringing a dog to our meeting lol???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: