Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,124 times

Advertisements

I know A&M San Antonio requires a min 2.6 GPA with a scale the determines what you need on the GMAT.
A&M SA said they work off a overall gpa X 200 and must equal to 970
Or
Last 60 hour gpa X 200 and must equal 1050
But I do not know how true that is since they are a new school so they might be accepting a lower number. My question is if anybody is going there currently for a MBA and what scores and GPA got them into the MBA program??
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 08:27 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,228,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor1967 View Post
Hello Everybody;

I'm international student at the university of the incarnate in San Antonio, Texas. I'm a graduate student there enrolled in an MBA program with concentration in international business.

For the last couple of weeks, I have been fooling my mind whether I should stay in Incarnate Word University, or transfer to Texas A&M San Antonio. I have been accepter to Texas A&M MBA program but I don't know if it's worth transferring there or not.

The reason I'm saying this is because I have a couple of friends who told me that Texas A&M is a better school than UIW because everybody knows it, and you will have better career prospects and job opportunities if you want to stay in the US

Just to let you know guys, Incarnate Word is a private catholic school slightly more expensive than Texas A&M which is a public school. (money is no matter)

Anybody from San Antonio (or from anywhere) can help me here please ?
A degree from Texas A&M is very attractive to employers. So, yeah, it's worth your time.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 AM

84 posts, read 217,797 times
I would like to disagree with many on here.............. Nowadays, unless you are going to work for an Alumnus from your school. Employers dont care where you got your degree from as long as your GPA is good, your interview is good, and if you are given a test you score well on it. Couple of examples.........I know a woman that graduated from Utsa with honors, and also aced the USAA exam. She got a directors position over a ton of applicants with degrees from more prestigious universities. I also have several friends with degrees from UIW, OLLU, Utsa........and they are all in management. They were also selected over other degreed people from select universities. Just throwin out there what Ive seen. Good luck!!

By the way GO RUNNERS!!!!! Meep Meep!!!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:10 AM

80 posts, read 101,673 times
Wasn't until I moved to Texas that I heard of A&M. I don't care if they are the 'second largest school in the second largest state'. Hell, half this state isn't even lived in on the Western end. Stick with IW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio