Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 PM

3 posts, read 15,178 times

Advertisements

We're looking to relocate from CA to SA. I'm interested in hearing any feedback on the Deerfield neighborhood and the Inwood neighborhood in 78248. We're working with a realtor and thinking of buying in this vicinity. My husband will be working in Stone Oak, but that seems like a very congested area. We're hoping this commute would be under 20 minutes.
We have school age kids so we are also turned off by the capped schools in SO. Are Deerfield & Inwood family neighborhoods and any feedback regarding the elementary schools (Huebner Elm -I believe) would be helpful! Thank you - this forum is great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 08:50 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,882,947 times
Those are both very nice areas, and well within a 20-minute commute to Stone Oak. My youngest son went to Huebner Elementary for Kinder and 1st and we/he had a great experience there. I felt a little out of place only because it seems there are a number of stay-at-home moms with lots of disposable income (i.e. they spent a lot of time at school, and the gym!) But overall, Huebner is a good school, and all we did was move about a half mile down Blanco and he had to switch to Harmony Hills--another awesome school, IMO.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:01 PM
lcw

118 posts, read 667,469 times
Those are two of the nicest older neighborhoods around, especially Inwood. However, Inwood (or at least parts of it) go to Blattman, which is an excellent school as well.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:04 PM

37 posts, read 191,677 times
Those are excellent areas! That is actually where we moved to when we first moved here. Schools are excellent, and the neighborhoods are very family oriented. Good luck!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:06 AM

554 posts, read 2,299,055 times
Great areas and great schools. Depending on where in Stone Oak his office will be his commute could even be as short as 10 minutes. I think you'll like the area.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:55 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,593,509 times
I live in a subdivision near to Deerfield and it is a really nice area.
If you need a hairdresser try Salon Simone in the strip mall on Blanco near Mission Ridge.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 10,275 times
We are moving to SA too (from Houston) and are also looking in that general area. What are Shavano, Bluffview and Hill Country Village like? We want a family-friendly area with a neighborhood pool.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:15 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,678,782 times
Deerfield and Innwood are 2 excellent choices. Lots of manicured lawns (and nails!). Beautiful, well built, custom homes. But what impresses me most about both of those neighborhoods is lots of old grow oak trees, and almost every single lawn is professionally designed and landscaped. It gives streets lots of depth. Camino Real is very nice too, slightly older, but it is in the path of the airport, and I think it is noisey.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,957,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
We are moving to SA too (from Houston) and are also looking in that general area. What are Shavano, Bluffview and Hill Country Village like? We want a family-friendly area with a neighborhood pool.
The school choices are very different among those three options. Shavano Park is in a completely different district from the other two. While all three are good, IMO Hill Country Village is the best among those three good choices, but it doesn't have a neighborhood pool. For that, look a mile or so to the north in Hollywood Park or a little bit to the east in Hidden Forest.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM

759 posts, read 3,678,513 times
Hill Country Village is fabulous... but not "family friendly." Most of the lots are 1-2 acres... older couples, no neighborhood pool. (I'd live there in a heartbeat if I could afford it.) Bluffview is lovely, I don't know much about Shavano Park.

I house hunted all summer long and wanted the same things you wanted. My favorite neighborhoods were the Inwoods (any of them) and Deerfield. We ultimately bought in Inwood and couldn't be more pleased. It's not a "young" neighborhood but it is very family friendly. Same with Deerfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio