Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 AM

184 posts, read 462,095 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any real estate agents that purchase homes as is?
I might need to sell my house quick to move to Virginia for a new job and will not have time to make any repairs to it.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 11:07 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times
Realtors that buy the home? Or investors? If you want to sell the house quickly, list is for sale, price it low and say that it's "as-is". There are a lot of homes sold as-is out there. It's all part of negotiations. Your price just needs to reflect the level of work needed.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:07 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,733,223 times
Be prepared to take a big hit on the sales price. There's a lot out there to buy right now. you might consider finding a property management company and renting the house while you're gone. Of course, all of this depends on where you live and the extent of needed repairs....

Old 12-10-2009, 11:10 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodd View Post
Anyone know of any real estate agents that purchase homes as is?
I might need to sell my house quick to move to Virginia for a new job and will not have time to make any repairs to it.
Thanks
I don't know much about this,
but I would think the best thing you can do is find somebody that can live in it for free while you sell it.
If you do that, make sure that you find somebody to make sure that your free renter is taking care of the place (make that part of the contract).

Or it could also be a neighbor that you pay to take care of it.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 PM

206 posts, read 464,578 times
I'm "renting" my friend's house while he's in Afghanistan. He needed something like you're talking about. (I say "rent" because that's what I'm doing, but I'm paying way less than I would if it was "for real".)

When he comes back, he's going to fix it and sell it, but for now, I'm chillin like a villian. He left most of his stuff, and I'm just hanging out. (And paying utilities)

If you have any younger relatives/friends, the kind that are aching to move out of mom's, you can work something like this out.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:22 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Personally, the LAST thing I'd do is rent it to ANYONE - period - if I'm not going to be in the area. That's a good way to get hammered badly - think large party, major damage and a "vanished" "renter".

There's several companies that specialize in fast buys - one that comes to mind is the one that advertises as "We Buy Ugly Houses" - google 'em, because I don't recall their name off hand. Or ask your neighbors if they know someone - you might be surprised. Call a local realtor active in your neighborhood, and tell them what you're wanting to do. What you're trying to do is generate several fast offers from different sources so that you'll at least have SOME chance to minimize your loss!!

Old 12-11-2009, 08:29 AM

There are a lot of people that make a lot of money off rentals. You only hear about the horror stories but there are way more good renters than bad.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:20 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times
Kev is spot on! We've had very few problems with tenants over the years.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:42 AM

69 posts, read 202,905 times
at a very aggressive price a good agent should be able to sell your house in days, at more than you'd get for those "wholesale as-is" places.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 AM

Well, yeah. If he wanted to sell it for many thousands less than it's worth, of course it'll sell in a few days. However, most people still have a mortgage that they have to pay off or they'll have to come to the table with a ton of money, which I'm guessing they don't want to do.

We don't know what the house is worth, what the seller owes, what the condition is, etc., so any real advice on what to do with the house is purely speculative and impossible to give.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio