Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:40 AM

72 posts, read 165,218 times

Advertisements

So, we are staying at The Drury Inn & Suites Near La Cantera, 78249 and plan on taking our boys to see a movie. What movie theater nearby would you recommend us going to? Other than the outdoor La Cantera mall, what indoor mall should we go to? Thanks in advance!

I'm so looking forward to getting out of this 18 degree weather (BTW, it's actually a hot day for us today since we've been in the -'s) even if just for a week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:42 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,809 times
If you get on I-10 heading East and exit on Dezavala Rd., (take a left on DeZavala) then take a right at the next road Vance Jackson, and the Fiesta 16 should be on your right hand side.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,836,515 times
Fiesta 16 Theatres:

Old 12-15-2009, 10:10 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,143 times
Santikos Theatres - Palladium Theatre Information

Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 AM

9,849 posts, read 13,689,106 times
The closet "indoor" mall is going to Northstar or Ingram.Northstar is off of 281 and 410 and Ingram is off of 410 and Ingram. They're about the same distance, honestly. Northsrar is probably an easier drive and a better mall. There is a ton of great stuff in that area with the new stuff off of Blanco. I don't believe there is a thearer near either of those though...wait. I take that back. There is one on 410/10 but that's still a ways.

You're so so so so close to some of the best shopping in the city though, even if it is outdoor just up the way at the La Cantera exit. There is a theater there. But, I do understand that people do like shopping inside on any given day. I'll take La Cantera any day of the week though (even over Fiesta Trails) I'll be headed out that way later today.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almitainCO View Post
Other than the outdoor La Cantera mall, what indoor mall should we go to?
North Star Mall is the biggest, most upscale mall in the city. It's also the most crowded.

You'll be about equally close to Rolling Oaks Mall, which is less crowded and has good stores. If your goal is just to go to a mall and do some shopping, that'd be my top recommendation. There's a recent thread about Rolling Oaks on the front page of the forum.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
North Star Mall is the biggest, most upscale mall in the city. It's also the most crowded.

You'll be about equally close to Rolling Oaks Mall, which is less crowded and has good stores. If your goal is just to go to a mall and do some shopping, that'd be my top recommendation. There's a recent thread about Rolling Oaks on the front page of the forum.
That's true too. As mentioned in the ROlling Oaks thread, it is a super quiet mall that's why I don't go there. Isn't there a theater at 35/1604 too? It just seems like a ridiculous drive to drive to the complete opposite side of town just to be "inside" when La Cantera is right there. But, if you're visiting exploring can be fun.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
You're so so so so close to some of the best shopping in the city though, even if it is outdoor just up the way at the La Cantera exit. There is a theater there.
Although I usually prefer Santikos theaters, that particular theater is always crowded, sometimes absurdly so. Whenever I've been there, the parking at the theater always seems to overflow into adjacent lots. Fiesta 16 seldom seems to have that problem.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Although I usually prefer Santikos theaters, that particular theater is always crowded, sometimes absurdly so. Whenever I've been there, the parking at the theater always seems to overflow into adjacent lots. Fiesta 16 seldom seems to have that problem.
True, True. You can even see that in gy2020's photos of Fiesta 16. Fiesta 16 is just in the middle of all the other NW side theaters, Huebner Oaks, the Palladium, Huebner Oaks, etc. The Palladium is always crowded. I bet if I drive by there today it would be crowded.

I think the only time Fiesta 16 was ever the "it" theater was when it was the only theater in 1995-1996. Oh, and then when it switched over to Regal. AMC and Santikos are just far and away better, imo though.

Oh, and then you can add the theater on Bandera and 1604 if you want to be really stingy to that list. But, that one is really crowded too.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:22 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,792 times
I'd go with Fiesta 16. When John Santikos flooded back into the SA theater scene and built the Palladium, he forgot to build an appropriate parking lot with it. It's ridiculous. He also forgot to train his staff to handle mass crowds and still keep on a happy face.

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio