Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2007, 11:03 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times

Advertisements

and I would like to ask for some of our advice.
We are a family of 3 (young son- 3 months ) that will be moving so SA shortly. I took a quick trip last month just to check out neighborhoods and house configurations. It really wasn't enough time (2 days) to explore the options.
My realtor showed me some homes in Westcreek, Wildhorse and Sierra Springs.
We really don't want to spend more than 175K and most of these homes seemed to fit this price range. I am a consultant and travel extensively, work from home as well. I will not have a commute. My wife is a stay at home mom. We would like for my wife to be able to stay at home to care for our son, that is why we choose the 175K range or lower. We want to feel comfortable with the mortgage without her working.

We are also looking for 4 bedrooms, since we plan on adding to our family in the near future . We would like to have a neighborhood pool for the kids and of course, good schools, low crime...all the usual. We don't require a lot of land, so these developments were just fine in that regard.
Our plan is to live in this house long term, then retire elsewhere once the kids are grown, so we're looking for something that will hold value. Not looking for a quick price appreciation for flipping.

We would appreciate any advice on neighborhoods that you guys can provide. The Far West looks like a nice area to settle down, but we're not opposed to looking elsewhere.
What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 08:01 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Westcreek homes have kept their value. Some of that due to the HOA and two recreational areas. There are two pools within a couple of blocks of each other and a nice 18 acre park. Lots of folks like to walk/jog along the streets and it is pretty safe. Yes, there is some property crime (car break-ins mostly), and according to the Sheriff's Department, most of the cars were left unlocked. HOA dues are $257 a year.
BTW: Rustic Oaks and Caracol Creek/Heights are not part of Westcreek so they can not use the recreational facilities.

Last edited by Steel Man; 05-20-2007 at 08:24 PM..

Old 05-21-2007, 06:07 AM

Thanks. Any other areas that are similar to Westcreek that we should be looking at?

Old 11-20-2007, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,779 times
Default Phone number to Rustic Oaks HOA

Good Day,
I know that this posting comes a few months after the last posting and I do apologize. However, I know that I can get some assistance from here. Does anybody know that phone number to the Rustic Oaks HOA? It is that time of year again and I am currently out of town, so I do not have a chance to check the mail on a regular basis.

Also anybody that lives in Rustic Oaks, please e-mail the latest and greatest happenings in the neighborhood. My e-mail address is damarsh1@hotmail.com

Old 11-20-2007, 08:14 AM

592 posts, read 2,024,828 times
that is going to be one bad commute to the airport..traffic

Old 11-20-2007, 01:58 PM

I have a driver that takes me to the airport during off hours. pretty much 25-30 minutes every time. I take at least one trip every week...sometimes more.

Problem is: I have so many frequent flyer miles, that I could never use them all. End up using them for family.
Also, when the wife hears that I'll be home for a while, she wants to travel. Usually somewhere far like Europe, or the Caribbean. That's the LAST thing that I want to do...travel more!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio