Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 02:20 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,026,285 times

Advertisements

A 125,000sf elementary school is being built on a 22 acre tract at the NE intersection of Huebner and 1604. NEISD plans to open the school in August 2012.

Project: Vineyard Ranch Elementary School #46 - NEISD Construction Management & Engineering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 08:59 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
That's an uh, interesting location. I'm not complaining about an elementary school going up so close to home but that I thought that would be zoned for commercial use. Good to see that they'll be able to save a bunch of the big, old trees there.

It's not a very convenient location though. From the highway everybody will have to exit either Blanco or Bitters to get there and then go through a light. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me why there's no exit from either end. What are they going to do - make the road by the freeway a school zone?

Old 12-26-2009, 10:42 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
That's an uh, interesting location. I'm not complaining about an elementary school going up so close to home but that I thought that would be zoned for commercial use. Good to see that they'll be able to save a bunch of the big, old trees there.

It's not a very convenient location though. From the highway everybody will have to exit either Blanco or Bitters to get there and then go through a light. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me why there's no exit from either end. What are they going to do - make the road by the freeway a school zone?
Blattman is right on NW Military and 1604. It's set very far back. They may take a cue from that model, even though they are different districts (NISD/NEISD...right?)

I know this area is a heck of a lot busier, but it's just an idea. We all know there needs to be new schools.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:20 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,557,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post

Most of the attendance zone will be the Vineyard, Greystone, Pinnacle, etc., so access would be via Huebner. I doubt they will pull neighborhoods from inside 1604. Rogers Ranch, however, would have a longer route.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:56 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
That's kind of what I was thinking because those of us inside 1604 already have Huebner Elementary just past Bitters. Schools outside the loop may go to a different school... I don't have kids. No clue where anybody goes except the lady across the street said something about it. I'm not concerned about traffic though; it's never been a problem to exit the neighborhood and this shouldn't add much traffic load.

There's a natural slope back from the highway I think, so I doubt anything but the rooftop will be visible from the intersection.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:59 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,557,580 times
IIRC, (car) traffic will enter/exit from Huebner; however, buses will enter/exit from 1604
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio