U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 01:33 PM

9 posts, read 21,079 times

Advertisements

Any good auto shop to recommend? I am in the Northside 281/1604.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 08:16 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,622,710 times
Although it is not in your direct area I would highly suggest Gunn Collision off of IH 10 and Woodstone. For years we took our cars to Caliber Collision (Bandera /410 and Culebra /410) and the quality of their work has failed us to the point that I said no more $$$ from State Farm or us.

Several months ago our Son's 2006 Accord Coupe was hit from the rear by a Drunk Exotic Dancer. The damage was not too bad and I decided to have him take it to Gunn. They did a FANTASTIC job and the Service Advisor was always available if we had any questions. They offer a lifetime warranty on their work which is what you want. *I'm not 100% sure but I think there is a Gunn Collision on the NE Side off of 35 /Judson . I drive a 2001 Silverado which I have pampered since I bought it and it shows. If I ever need to take it to a Body Shop it will be Gunn.

The only drawback is that there is no Car Rental Company on site (IH 10). Enterprise is betweeen Gunn's location and Wurzbach Rd.

*By the way the Girl had what it takes to dance but she didn't have Auto Insurance.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:30 AM

47 posts, read 103,777 times
+1 for Gunn Collision. Had some work done there and was very satisfied with the results. They do have a NE location @ 35/Judson, as well as one off of 410 near the airport.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:49 AM

49,637 posts, read 70,865,733 times
Gunn Collision did a great job for me too...

Old 01-01-2010, 08:02 AM

3,754 posts, read 6,188,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMFoxtrot View Post
+1 for Gunn Collision. Had some work done there and was very satisfied with the results. They do have a NE location @ 35/Judson, as well as one off of 410 near the airport.
I'm not sure the location across from the airport is still in operation. That one has been looking kind of abandoned recently -- never see any activity when I pass by.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:14 AM

47 posts, read 103,777 times
Ah, so it would seem. I had no idea they shut that one down.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:51 AM

WOW- This is GREAT Feedback for Gunn Collision. I am very glad that you all had a GREAT Experience just like we did.

Hopefully we (any of us) will not have to use them.

Just for your information when SAPD (The Officer was GREAT by the way) checked the other car for Insurance it came up that she also had a State Farm Policy. Well the information was not current. This was no fault of SAPD as the database is from the State. State Farm will do their best to get the money out of the involved party along with our deductible. That I'm sure will not happen based upon past accidents.

I wish more was done to protect us who carry Auto Insurance and somehow punish those that do not. Insurance is /can be affordable so in my opinion there is no excuse for not having it. It's all about priorities I guess.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:58 PM

50 posts, read 143,722 times
As an adjuster for Progressive Insurance (4 years), you would not believe how many people are driving without insurance. I believe the last statistic I saw was over 40% uninsured on the streets.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:16 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,258,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PylesinAZ View Post
As an adjuster for Progressive Insurance (4 years), you would not believe how many people are driving without insurance. I believe the last statistic I saw was over 40% uninsured on the streets.
40%!! Jesus!! This can't be the national figure, or is it?

Old 01-03-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PylesinAZ View Post
In your opinion what can States do to MAKE folks get coverage? There are a lot of folks who get it to obtain their Annual Vehicle Inspection and Registration and then cancel it.

A few years ago San Antonio came up with an Ordinace that stated your car /truck would be towed if you were stopped and found to be without Insurance and of course the vehicle would be impounded. The folks were looking at the towing and impoundment fees along with obtaining Insurance before geting the vehicle back. To the best of my knowlegde it went by the wayside. Too many people complained that it was a burden on those folks who had a tough time affording it. All they had to get was Liability. It sure wasn't a burden for them to buy their beer and meat for BBQ'S. ( That statement is based on knowledge of folks I knew and that friends knew of.)

What about the burden of honest People like us who pay over $350.00/ month (3 vehicles including a 19 year old who gets driver training /defensive driving and good grade discounts) to State Farm and that's with as many discounts that we can get inluding our Home Coverage. His rates are based upon my 2001 Silverado even though his primary vehicle is a 2006 Honda Accord Coupe. I did my reseach (Insurance Rates) on that car, as far as rates before we bought it.
Oh, another break we get is since my Wife has already retired her Mazda Tribute is rated on Pleasure Only. But as I said it's still over $350.00 /month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio