Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 AM

487 posts, read 1,117,422 times

Advertisements

It is not illegal to curse in public.
It is not illegal to flip someone off when you drive past them.
It is not illegal to pass gas in a public place.
It is not illegal to belch in public.
It is not illegal to allow you dog to poop in your neighbors yard. (providing he is on a leash)
It is not illegal to park in the street when there is room for your car in the driveway.

Classless, tasteless, offensive to others, crude and rude . . . but certainly NOT Illegal.

I am NOT making reference to people who do their best to keep as many of their cars as possible in their driveway. I am referring to people who are too lazy to jostle their cars and make every attempt to keep their cars out of the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:53 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,485,815 times
If that pic is taken from the top of your driveway, which it looks like it is, there still seems to be plenty of room for a car to pass and for you to back out... The guy is blocking his own driveway, not yours, so why be sooo concerned with it??? You just bought a new house...you have new baby...enjoy these times!!! Seriously, why take away from your own happiness and consume yourself with something you have no control over???

Old 01-06-2010, 06:56 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,287,967 times
Why doesn't the OP march herself right over there and give those "jerks" & "geniuses" a piece of her mind! (be sure to refer to them as such as well and dont forget to show them your photographic evidence oh and even give them the link to this now 8pg thread) Dont forget to call the police too - cause they have nothing better to do than settle petty neighborhood disputes.

....then immediately report back how well that went over.

Last edited by Bo; 01-07-2010 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: updated quote to match original

Old 01-06-2010, 06:56 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
i refer to them as jerks because they lack care and respect for others on the street, they also have the dont care attitude. i cant wait for them to invite their 50 relatives over for a massive party i will be calling the cops like its going out of style for noise complaints. Its very rude and inconsiderate of them. I could attempt to talk to them like adults but i doubt they would know how to respond and would take it negatively. Im hoping that eventually they will default and be forced out.
Ouch! That wont be a good neighborly thing to ruin someone's housewarming party. and be aware when wishing negative things on someone else sometimes the tongue, well in this case the thumbs can make you sound foolish.

Last edited by Bo; 01-07-2010 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: updated quote to match original

Old 01-06-2010, 07:03 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,826,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAggiemom View Post
Say and think what you please but cars parked in the street make a neighborhood look less than classy. I can assure you, no one that does NOT park in the street has any appreciation for those who do.
No need for name calling. It's just a fact. I've had clients refuse to look at homes because they didn't care for the "feel" of the neighborhood. That "feel" was a nice way of pointing out that there were too many cars packed in the street. (as they DID point out)
And of course I am aware that there is no law against parking in the street. You might want to check with your HOA CCR's. Chances are it stipulates single family residential homes. No dorm style living would be allowed. Just a thought.
Don't ever, ever come to Seattle. It's the unclassiest place in the world, if this is true. Or Japan. Or Korea. Or, like, probably 50 other countries. I am glad to have read this thread though. I wll look for streets with 3100 square foot homes in San Antonio. I will look for cars parked on the street. I will deem these neighborhoods, "Unclassy."

I've had rockets and mortars shot at me over here. I think that is pretty unclassy. There are women in parts of the world who post other women guards so they don't get attacked in their sleep by roving gangs of men with rifles. In San Antoniio, a car parked on the street brings wrath and pain.

Oh, what pain it must be. I bet they are doing it just to spite the poster. They KNOW. Oh yeah, they know. In fact, they probably could park in their yard, but they're doing in on purpose and laughing about it over dinner.

"Pass the potatos, dear." "Will do." "Oh, and did you park in the street again to infuriate our neighbors?" "Of course. What else is there in life, but to park on the street and laugh at those who would deem such behaviour, "Unclassy?" "I certainly agree with that, Love Nugget.....could you pass the roast beef, please? Ah ahahah hahaha!"

Old 01-06-2010, 07:34 AM

487 posts, read 1,117,422 times
WOW! So insightful. Apples to oranges??? Are you familiar with that concept of comparison? Probably not.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:39 AM

824 posts, read 1,815,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAggiemom View Post
It is not illegal to curse in public.
It is not illegal to flip someone off when you drive past them.
It is not illegal to pass gas in a public place.
It is not illegal to belch in public.
It is not illegal to allow you dog to poop in your neighbors yard. (providing he is on a leash)
It is not illegal to park in the street when there is room for your car in the driveway.

Classless, tasteless, offensive to others, crude and rude . . . but certainly NOT Illegal.

I am NOT making reference to people who do their best to keep as many of their cars as possible in their driveway. I am referring to people who are too lazy to jostle their cars and make every attempt to keep their cars out of the street.
So parking on a public street (which I do every night, by the way) is the same as burping & farting in public? Man, I've never wanted to use the eye-rolling emoticon as much as I do now...

Old 01-06-2010, 08:02 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,338,982 times
I don't know...I understand why this would upset someone. I work very, very hard to keep my home up and the yard looking nice and it does tick me off to see neighbors with cars parked on their lawn, four-foot weeds all over their yard, trash all over their driveway and Christmas lights hanging from the roof...in June.

We have a couple homes around here that obviously have multiple families living inside and the many cars outside to prove it. But that doesn't necessarily ruffle my skin...tend to save my tantrums for those who let their dog bark all day or night. I throw a hissy when there is dog poop on my lawn. I hate it when parents bring their babies to public pools and don't put on swim diapers. I am really disgusted by people who smoke. I'm thankful my kids are healthy, but that doesn't stop me from getting so annoyed by them screaming "Moooommm!" every...two...seconds!!!!

We ALL have our little "issues" in life. And we all know, in the wake of war and poverty and illness, such minor things are really insignificant, but they still drive us crazy just the same. I'm positive everyone here has something that bugs them that the rest of us may think, "Who cares?!"

Let the OP rant about this and get it off her chest already...tomorrow one of you will be on here complaining about a pothole not being fixed or the Spurs game not being shown on tv.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 AM

61,632 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Hmmmmmmmm... mrsb057: I have to admit, that I am VERY happy, that I don't live on YOUR street.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:07 AM

657 posts, read 1,935,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
I don't know...I understand why this would upset someone. I work very, very hard to keep my home up and the yard looking nice and it does tick me off to see neighbors with cars parked on their lawn, four-foot weeds all over their yard, trash all over their driveway and Christmas lights hanging from the roof...in June.

We have a couple homes around here that obviously have multiple families living inside and the many cars outside to prove it. But that doesn't necessarily ruffle my skin...tend to save my tantrums for those who let their dog bark all day or night. I throw a hissy when there is dog poop on my lawn. I hate it when parents bring their babies to public pools and don't put on swim diapers. I am really disgusted by people who smoke. I'm thankful my kids are healthy, but that doesn't stop me from getting so annoyed by them screaming "Moooommm!" every...two...seconds!!!!

We ALL have our little "issues" in life. And we all know, in the wake of war and poverty and illness, such minor things are really insignificant, but they still drive us crazy just the same. I'm positive everyone here has something that bugs them that the rest of us may think, "Who cares?!"

Let the OP rant about this and get it off her chest already...tomorrow one of you will be on here complaining about a pothole not being fixed or the Spurs game not being shown on tv.

The problem can always be fixed by buying up all the houses on your streets and then renting them out to people you "approve" of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio