Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:47 AM

188 posts, read 616,100 times

Advertisements

That's right, we're both northerners! We'll probably run into each other at HEB and not know it LOL

I don't know what a Luciano is... I'm hoping it's italian food, as I don't think we have a good italian restaurant around here. I remember when we first moved to SA we went to Papa Gallo's up 281 thinking it was italian - well, I had really good enchiladas, but no pasta LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 03:17 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momzillajen View Post
That's right, we're both northerners! We'll probably run into each other at HEB and not know it LOL

I don't know what a Luciano is... I'm hoping it's italian food, as I don't think we have a good italian restaurant around here. I remember when we first moved to SA we went to Papa Gallo's up 281 thinking it was italian - well, I had really good enchiladas, but no pasta LOL
I am an northerner too. I have always wondered about Papa Gallo's. I see it everytime I pick one of my daughte'rs up from school. So, it is a mexican place?

Old 09-26-2008, 03:23 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,554,994 times
Dunkin Donuts? Is it true?

Old 09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momzillajen View Post
I saw a sign today counting down to the grand opening of the HEB Plus on 281 and Evans (Stone Ridge). Not sure about any other stores there, but the HEB said Oct 29 for an opening date.

I've never been in an HEB Plus - excited to see what it's like!
If it's anything like the grand opening for the HEB Plus at Blanco and 1604, it will be a zoo there. That store still draws crowds.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
If it's anything like the grand opening for the HEB Plus at Blanco and 1604, it will be a zoo there. That store still draws crowds.
Oh, and if it's just the "opening" date, it will be delayed by three months...

Old 09-27-2008, 10:06 AM

418 posts, read 1,239,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longrunner View Post
Yes, which is why it is important to ensure initiatives such as this occur. A healthy balance can and should be made between environmental concerns and commercial enterprise. The number of GREEN backs it generates will dictate the level of effort towards green.
Profits have nothing to do with how environmentally friendly businesses are. The only thing profits influence is the amount of money they have available to "advertise" that they are green.

Ie.
Ford, GM and a bunch of steel manf. used to pollute a lot. Now as their profits have dwindled, they seem to be polluting much less.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:10 AM

418 posts, read 1,239,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2begreen View Post
Exciting news for SA!
Some of us share the need to protect the environment.
I hear some of us don't, but that just makes the world go round.
I just returned from a contractor's meeting with HEB at the upcoming 281 Center. It has built in recycling, green lighting, windtricity and more!
What is the projected revenue per square foot, per kwatt, per gallon, of the store?

All the "initiatives" don't amount to much unless they use space, electricity, and water efficiently.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:12 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Oh, and if it's just the "opening" date, it will be delayed by three months...
It had better not be. I have gone there for a few things and they don't have it on the shelves. They said they are not restocking a lot of stuff in anticipation of the move across the street. I guess it really won't hurt me too bad, I am almost just as close to the one off of hwy 46 or the plus on Blanco.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
It had better not be. I have gone there for a few things and they don't have it on the shelves. They said they are not restocking a lot of stuff in anticipation of the move across the street. I guess it really won't hurt me too bad, I am almost just as close to the one off of hwy 46 or the plus on Blanco.
At least yours will open "fully functional". The plus on Blanco was a conversion, and boy, what a nightmare!

Old 09-27-2008, 01:17 PM

259 posts, read 909,716 times
I was just at an office supply store and a ream of 35% recycled "green" paper was $1.50 more than an identical ream of 5% recycled paper. Give me a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio