Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:23 AM

15 posts, read 31,047 times

Advertisements

i can only hope i get lucky and my kids dont do half the things i do haha im only 20 tho so hopefully i got a long way to go. thats awesome though. i thought about doin it with my camaro but i baby it too much i dont wanna hurt it. its been a while since i had to replace anything and everythings pretty much new in it so i would like to keep it that way. my new gsxr600 though, it wouldnt be any contest. i just gotta get the cojones lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 03:53 PM

443 posts, read 954,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Gixxer View Post
i can only hope i get lucky and my kids dont do half the things i do haha im only 20 tho so hopefully i got a long way to go. thats awesome though. i thought about doin it with my camaro but i baby it too much i dont wanna hurt it. its been a while since i had to replace anything and everythings pretty much new in it so i would like to keep it that way. my new gsxr600 though, it wouldnt be any contest. i just gotta get the cojones lol

Ahhh.... thanks for reminding me why I shouldn't vocalize waxing nostalgic.

Be careful out there. 30 years ago 1 in 100 drivers didn't use their turn signals. The new hotness is to suddenly jerk your car over a lane with reckless abandon.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:55 AM

7 posts, read 11,077 times
Where are the inspection stations in SA? I will be moving to SA on 4/22/10.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:15 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,978,388 times
All over the place. It is quite easy, quick and costs less than $15.

There are Official Inspection Stations all over the city, or most shops will do it. I go to one about five minutes from my house, it's the same place I take our cars....it is more a revenue generator for the state than anything else...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-11-2010, 06:28 PM

7 posts, read 11,077 times
Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
All over the place. It is quite easy, quick and costs less than $15.

There are Official Inspection Stations all over the city, or most shops will do it. I go to one about five minutes from my house, it's the same place I take our cars....it is more a revenue generator for the state than anything else...

Cheers! M2
Major,
I will be staying at an extended stay for aleast 60 days maybe longer. Can I use my post office PO BOX address as my current address for insurance,registration & TX licence? Or should I just wait until I purchase a home. Any help would be appreacited

Old 04-11-2010, 06:54 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,978,388 times
Not sure, as every time we've moved here I was still on active duty so I kept my original state of record; but I think you will. When I retired I had 30 days to get my vehicles registered and 90 days to get my drivers license switched over.

A good source of information for vehicle registration for new residents can be found at:

New Residents

And info on changing your address for your registration (which it appears you'll have to do) can be found at:

TxDMV - Vehicle Registration Renewal

For your DL it can be done at:

TX DPS Drivers License Division

Hope that helps!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio