Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 05:30 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,585,323 times

Advertisements

Well, we're on the tail end of page 3 right now and we haven't heard from Carmela since page three. I think we may have lost her. She probably decided to look around a little more after getting a taste of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 05:44 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,115,695 times
Artisan @ ? are most of the complexes that are tax credit properties.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:48 AM

52 posts, read 132,256 times
Im still here
Yaaa, the person that told me about the SE places was just someone from online. The suggestion was just made because it was a place to stay that was cheap and not requiring a lease. A place I can be for a short time while I got the chance to be able to browse around and look for a better place. Either that or spend more money on a hotel, which I hope not to do.......Is E. southcross street safer? Or I was also looking into the grove apartments on goliad st??

Old 02-18-2010, 08:32 AM

197 posts, read 604,976 times
I plugged the address into the Texas S*x offender website. There are a few high risk unemployed S*x offenders within a couple of blocks, and there are 472 offenders within a 3 mile radius....safe? That's not the descriptive word I would use to describe this hood! The first one on the list is a transient, he is .08 miles away......boy does he look scary!!!!! Just plug the address into the link below.

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DP...chType=Address

Last edited by coffeepotbend; 02-18-2010 at 09:08 AM..

Old 02-18-2010, 08:50 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times
You get what you pay for o the SE Side...there are brand new apts complexes and run down junks built back in the early 70's I wouldnt let my dog live there.

check with an apartment locator and tell them you needs

you can also google Grove park apts goliad rd SATX

and sometimes there are reviews...like the Grove park has 17 people reviewing it...

Worst Complex I Have Ever Lived In Oct 10, 2009
These Apartments Have Gone To The Dumps, I've Had Nothing But BIG Issues With Air Conditioning Working, And Guess What, Even If You Have Small Babies, Sorry After 5pm, Maintenance Is Off, So Expect For Them To "Supposively" Fix It 2-3 Days After You Call, ...

There are some duplexes on E Southcross, the Highland Hills Apts...zip code 78223...
they are older, but most folk are working class, the are much more quite and safe than a complex. close to schools elem, jr high and high, close to gorcery store and on a bus line. effciancy to 2 bdrms maybe 3

apt complexes on this side of town have become section 8. so some are rough. but no gang violence or shootings. Just a lot of Knuckleheads running around.

google apartment locators 78223( zp code) call them and ask.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:13 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,585,323 times
There are several new apartment complexes around the SE side. As I understand it you are a health care worker. Are you definitely going to be working on the SE side? Do you know specifically where you are going to be working? What kind of transportation will you be using? Have these questions already been answered? This thread is kind of old. As for a E. Southcross is concerned, that is a very long street. There are homes in a gated community on one part of it, nice residential neighborhoods in some areas and dilapidated apartments etc in other areas.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:23 PM

107 posts, read 277,490 times
carmella, im not sure if you mean to or not, but you keep choosing some of the busier streets through this side of town. extra pedestrian and vehicle traffic will mean that youre less likely to notice suspicious people hanging around. there are some houses for rent near there that would be good and some duplexes too. you need to find someone on the ground to go hit the streets for you.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:42 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,826,047 times
Also, consider an extended-stay hotel for a couple of weeks or a month while you get acclimated and have a chance to look around. It'll be about the same as an apartment rent, but likely be easier to move on from....

Old 02-21-2010, 04:40 AM

52 posts, read 132,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxxan View Post
carmella, im not sure if you mean to or not, but you keep choosing some of the busier streets through this side of town. extra pedestrian and vehicle traffic will mean that youre less likely to notice suspicious people hanging around. there are some houses for rent near there that would be good and some duplexes too. you need to find someone on the ground to go hit the streets for you.
No, i dont mean to pick the busiest streets
I have just doing a lot of onine browsing and its hard to tell. Here where I live now I picked an apartment that was the "best" and my car was stolen, and broken into 3 times. Oh and a rape happened near by, and now I live in a "bad" neighborhood and havent had any problems what so ever. I guess it depends on the State.....The hotel for a month does sound like a good idea. SE just seemed more in my budget and more close to Downtown where I assumed all the fun and convenience of the city was located. Is there a nice part of the city thats a quick trip into downtown, and where all the shopping and restaurants are? I would love to live in the middle of it all, easy access to everything available.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:24 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,408,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmela432 View Post
No, i dont mean to pick the busiest streets
I have just doing a lot of onine browsing and its hard to tell. Here where I live now I picked an apartment that was the "best" and my car was stolen, and broken into 3 times. Oh and a rape happened near by, and now I live in a "bad" neighborhood and havent had any problems what so ever. I guess it depends on the State.....The hotel for a month does sound like a good idea. SE just seemed more in my budget and more close to Downtown where I assumed all the fun and convenience of the city was located. Is there a nice part of the city thats a quick trip into downtown, and where all the shopping and restaurants are? I would love to live in the middle of it all, easy access to everything available.
Traffic is not a real factor if you remain inside Loop 410. The middle of everything---North Central.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio