Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:43 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,014,795 times

Advertisements

When you are older you'll find that so many of the most attractive people are shallow, pathetic shells of human beings who have no depth and nothing to offer but pain and misunderstanding.

I'm not saying that all people who look nice or care about their appearance are shallow. I'm just saying that taking time to look below the surface of people (or even cities) will allow you to find what makes you happy.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:51 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,084,678 times
lol @ judging this city already. it's not quite a houston, austin or dallas, but definitely venture out more. have you even visited the stone oak areas or the nw side of town near utsa? you seem to have formed your opinion on the alamo heights area. this city is big. go out a little more and give it some time. if you don't like it, i strongly suggest going to houston or austin. each texas city has it's on personality. maybe san antonio isn't for you. it's not for everybody.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM

454 posts, read 685,435 times
Well I guess I better listen to Hill Country. There's nothing the government can do to fix this place.

As for the 14 day comment, yes...how long does it take? Do I have to roast in it?

I visited 3 times before I moved here. I was here for a weekend once, then a week each time after that. The only reason I truly moved here was because of work, and the fact that I could get great deals on apartments.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,215,583 times
I am clearly offended by this post and I don't even live in San Antonio. I will not respond again...I tried to offer suggestions, but I think you are only posting here in order to be nasty..not to productively problem solve!

Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,253,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
Well I guess I better listen to Hill Country. There's nothing the government can do to fix this place.

As for the 14 day comment, yes...how long does it take? Do I have to roast in it?

I visited 3 times before I moved here. I was here for a weekend once, then a week each time after that. The only reason I truly moved here was because of work, and the fact that I could get great deals on apartments.
Seriously, maybe you are just homesick? Sometimes people blame their surroundings for other things going on.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
if you don't like it, i strongly suggest going to houston or austin. each texas city has it's on personality. maybe san antonio isn't for you. it's not for everybody.
Ok, Eastontracks is an example of a cute person lol. He must not be from here LOL.

But unfortunently, I hate Houston. Austin is not for me. Too small of a town, and again...typical 'Texas' crowd who lives there. As a non-white person, I may find it a challenge to get acclimated. I just moved from the Dallas area and I'm not looking to go back there either.

So, If San Antonio doesnt do it, Im out of this state. Oh wait, I havent tried El Paso yet

Old 01-14-2010, 07:56 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,390,984 times
Quote:
Please, I rather sit at home alone than to date the yucky looking people who live in this town anyday.

And FYI, I may be at home alone out of choice, but all I have to do is lift up the phone and I already got 2 or 3 lined up.
Don't listen to those that say 14 days isn't enough. It's more than enough time. You're free to leave now.

We only really want people here that will bring something of value. Not more b***hing and VD's. We've got enough of that.

Go away.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:03 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,014,795 times
My suggestion is staying in San Antonio and meeting people while attending an institution of higher education (lol but I'm always pushing that). There are people like you from all over the country in school, and it will also help you to see through the stereotypes that are harming you.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
My suggestion is staying in San Antonio and meeting people in an institution of higher education (lol but I'm always pushing that).
Great suggestion, but I cant see how that would make such a big difference. Although I mention 'individual' and 'groups'...it doesn't mean that if I meet a few people who happen to be open minded Californians (which are the only open-minded people here) that Im going to all of a sudden love it here.

The 'group' and 'type' of people in this town is whats causing me to dislike it. They have a greater influence than 1 or 2 individuals would have, because if majority of the town wants to think, live, and behave a certain way; then eventually its going to permeate into my business and personal life...

Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,884,973 times
Quote:
Great suggestion, but I cant see how that would make such a big difference. Although I mention 'individual' and 'groups'...it doesn't mean that if I meet a few people who happen to be open minded Californians (which are the only open-minded people here) that Im going to all of a sudden love it here.

The 'group' and 'type' of people in this town is whats causing me to dislike it. They have a greater influence than 1 or 2 individuals would have, because if majority of the town wants to think, live, and behave a certain way; then eventually its going to permeate into my business and personal life...
You can always move to California for a job and a great, affordable apartment.....D'oh! Never mind...carry on, my wayward son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio