Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:08 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times

Advertisements

My daughter's boss just rescued three golden retrievers on the highway last night.

I'm not sure where they were, but it appears the three are related...one older and two younger (not really pups). Apparently a fourth was hit and killed and the other three would not leave him. Her boss somehow coaxed the three to get in his car and he took them home. He said it appears to be a momma with two teenaged/young adult dogs. They are very bonded and will not leave each other. They eat, go out, come and sleep all together. Poor babies are traumatized...but very well behaved.

I have no idea what he's going to do, but he really wants them to stay together since they seem to be a little family. Omgosh....do dogs grieve? They just seemed to know that the fourth one needed them and wouldn't leave him.

I'll keep you posted on what he does to find homes (hopefully one!) Everyone knows how great goldens are....so anyone with some land that needs some great dogs out there....let me know. I can get word to him. He lives NE maybe near Canyon Lake....but that really doesn't matter. He deserves a medal!

Last edited by wCat; 01-20-2010 at 09:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 09:11 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times
Awesome story. Kudos to that man.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:12 PM

905 posts, read 2,959,217 times
(Sent you a PM)

FYI: There is a fabulous organization that can help out. Golden Ribbon Rescue. These folks are super nice and I'm sure they can assist with placing these dogs and making sure they are healthy.

Their website is: Gold Ribbon Rescue - Rescuing Golden Retrievers in Central Texas

What a wonderful thing the boss did. Those dogs may belong to someone. Has he tried craig's list to see if any have been reported lost? Or tried Man & Beast? I think they are still around.

Good Luck!

~Cat

Old 01-21-2010, 05:13 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Dogs are better people than people. Nice story and I hope he either keeps the dogs or finds them a great home. Goldens are wonderful dogs!!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:32 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
(Sent you a PM)

FYI: There is a fabulous organization that can help out. Golden Ribbon Rescue. These folks are super nice and I'm sure they can assist with placing these dogs and making sure they are healthy.

Their website is: Gold Ribbon Rescue - Rescuing Golden Retrievers in Central Texas

What a wonderful thing the boss did. Those dogs may belong to someone. Has he tried craig's list to see if any have been reported lost? Or tried Man & Beast? I think they are still around.

Good Luck!

~Cat
Cat...thanks for that link. I will pass it on. I have no idea what he has done as far as contacting anyone as this had just happened the day before my post. He does have dogs, but I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps them.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:04 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,123 times
He should at the very least take them to a vet to see if they've been microchipped.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:57 PM

944 posts, read 2,040,863 times
So many stray animals here, so sad.

I hope it all has a happy ending.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:15 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I saw a dog that sorta resembled a retriever on the 90 access road by Lackland the other day. He was terrified and probably did not last much longer because of the location. Almost all animals are definitely better than humans and I wish people would stop taking on things they do not have the will power to support. Also, please stop supporting these stinking roadside vendors. Every time I see them by Potranco/1604 I want to get out and let them have it.
anyhow, great on the person that helped these babies and I'm sure a lot of good will come their way. That's the way it should work out. A lot of people that are "down on their luck" should really reflect on things and consider that maybe it is just payback for something they did earlier in life..

Old 01-21-2010, 03:02 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,587 times
Great deed by your boss. He will be rewarded a hundred fold

Old 01-21-2010, 08:18 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
Abandoned cats and dogs are everywhere. There are 7 cats that were abandoned by some irresponsible next-door neighbors when they moved away. I haven't found any animal organization that will take them. I am trying to take responsibility, but it isn't easy...can't take any of them in myself for reasons I won't get into now. But I feed them and have gotten 2 of them fixed so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio