Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,884,973 times

Advertisements

This is restaurant chat? Really? It's funny how everyone's getting all freaked out over a secondhand "story" on an internet forum. Who knows if it's even true? I have my doubts because Whataburger does not typically endorse upsetting their customers, homeless or not. I just can't believe it's even an issue on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 01:54 PM

905 posts, read 1,622,060 times
In Austin on Congress and 6th street is a large office building and on the ground floor is a Starbucks; that intersection is crowded with homeless people and the folks at Starbucks have an off duty policeman manding the restrooms because the homeless people go in it and bathe in the sinks and splatter dirty water all over the place in the restroom.
So, with that said, I can understand why Whataburger doesn't want homeless people in their restroom..

Old 09-12-2012, 02:47 PM

490 posts, read 1,090,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
They'll gladly take his money but they'll refuse to let him take a leak/dump. How compassionate.
What if they took a different approach?

No homeless people allowed to use the bathroom. Period. Paying or not.

I don't know why it is Whataburger's "business" to be compassionate to the homeless. Their business is to sell food, and I would guess homeless people aren't critical to their success. We have spent millions of dollars on a compound that caters to the homeless, let them pee there.

It's a great strategy - it says "we don't want homeless people in our business." I guarantee you their customers don't either.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 PM

210 posts, read 500,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr57001 View Post
I don't know why it is Whataburger's "business" to be compassionate to the homeless.
It's not, but no doubt it's in their best interests to treat all paying customers equally.

The way you're talking about the homeless makes it seem like you believe they're subhuman.

THOU SHALL NOT PEE IN A TOILET MADE FOR THE BUMS OF THE HOMED. YE SHALL ONLY PASS WATER IN THY HOMELESS SHELTER WITH YE VAGABONDS.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:18 AM

179 posts, read 466,632 times
This is turning into a different thread huh? But I cannot resist.

Is the problem that the person did not have a home? Probably not. I can see a restaurant refusing service to somebody if thier appearance or odor was offensive to thier customers but not on condition of residency. I have no idea of the condition the customer was in when he requested to use the facilities nor am I implying that the person was offensive to anyone in the restaurant. I am simply saying a restaurant has a right to try to ensure the best dining experience for the majority of thier customers. If this means denying service to someone, then so be it. I am sure that arguements can be made for and against this idea. I understand and fully support the civil rights of everyone. Honestly, how many people would enjoy food if they were sitting next to someone whose body odor was overpowering? Would it have some effect on your opinion of the food, the place?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:20 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,952,912 times
To get this thread back on track (and because I really wanna know), what are my fellow CD-er's suggestions on a great place for scotch (single-malt)? I read that Cappy's bar has a good selection, but I'm curious to know if there are any others. Preference is N/NW side of town, but for a great deal I'll go anywhere!

--Dim

Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,803,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
To get this thread back on track (and because I really wanna know), what are my fellow CD-er's suggestions on a great place for scotch (single-malt)? I read that Cappy's bar has a good selection, but I'm curious to know if there are any others. Preference is N/NW side of town, but for a great deal I'll go anywhere!

--Dim

1919 at Blue Star Arts Complex. They, along with Bohanan's downtown, have the best selection of scotch in town.

1919 - San Antonio, TX

BN

Old 09-13-2012, 02:52 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,952,912 times
Awesome. Thanks, BN!

--Dim

Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 PM

580 posts, read 1,424,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
1919 at Blue Star Arts Complex. They, along with Bohanan's downtown, have the best selection of scotch in town.

1919 - San Antonio, TX

BN

I'm a big fan of 1919. Just the right amount of "chill" for a quality drinkery. But, as far as Scotch selections go, it's hard to imagine anything being better than Bohannon's. Just sitting at the bar and looking at all those lovely bottles is an amazing experience. Pricey, but it's a truly great selection.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:02 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,803,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
I'm a big fan of 1919. Just the right amount of "chill" for a quality drinkery. But, as far as Scotch selections go, it's hard to imagine anything being better than Bohannon's. Just sitting at the bar and looking at all those lovely bottles is an amazing experience. Pricey, but it's a truly great selection.
Bohanan's Bar is a bit pricey, yes, but they serve a serious cocktail. And the level of service there is unmatched anywhere in the city. Truly a drinkers bar, for those who appreciate alcohol.

1919 was opened and is owned by one of the original bartenders of Mark Bohanan, hence their selection and level of quality. While I don't frequent 1919 on weekends (when the crowd is a little, shall I say, less interested in quality), it's a great midweek drop in spot.

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio